Bible Analyzer 5.6 beta (Windows)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Bible Analyzer 5.6 beta (Windows)

Post by Tim »

We have v5.6 of Bible Analyzer ready to beta test.

v5.6 has three new features,
  • An Interactive, Graphical, Cross-Reference Explorer
  • A Remade Parallel Presenter
  • Ability to Export Nearly any Page to the Default browser.
Here are two videos that explain most of the features,

Cross-Ref Explorer - https://youtu.be/PxuV5QWFZCA

Parallel Presenter - https://youtu.be/oGoxSV-V0pQ

Here is v5.6 in a zip file. Simply download and extract then open bibleanalyzer5.exe. There is no installation.
www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/BA-56.zip

Please send along any error reports or comments.

Thanks!
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

wsbones

Re: Bible Analyzer 5.6 beta (Windows)

Post by wsbones »

I love the new tools, especially the parallel presenter with automatic highlighting of selected words. It's great for comparing similar passages.

The cross-reference explorer makes the TSKe come to life visually. The graphical interface is unique to BA. It's nice to have to same look and feel as search results tool.

I am not able to take notes in the editor or in the S-pad. When I get to the end of the link, I can't use the enter key to go to a new line. Is anyone else having that problem. It worked perfectly in the previous BA 5.5.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Well...there has not been much activity here about the v5.6 beta. I don't know if that is good or bad.

WSBONES has found a few issues that have been fixed in this updated exe,
www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/BibleAnalyzer5.zip

Simply replace the bibleanalyzer5.exe in the folder created by the zip file mentioned in the first post to get the latest fixes.

If anyone has any issues or comments, post them here or send an email.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

wsbones

Post by wsbones »

The latest .exe file is working great. Thanks Tim.

I like the Cross Reference Explorer now staying on top until minimized. Also the auto-highlight feature of the Parallel Presenter allows many more colors for comparison of similar passages. I used it to look at the similarity and differences of the woman who anointed Jesus in the four Gospels; the sermon on the mount vs. the sermon in the plain, and a few other portions so far. Exporting a comparison to an HTML file makes sharing with others simple. I will be trying the other new features soon.

5 *****

Bill

JPG

Post by JPG »

Here is a bug to fix Tim.
In parallel view, click on the "Cross Reference Explorer" icon. It generates an error report.
I sent the error report in.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I uploaded a new exe that fixes the Parallel issue and updates the splash screen.
www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/BibleAnalyzer5.zip

Try it out.
Tim Morton

JPG

Post by JPG »

Appears to be fixed now.
Just wondering why a command window appears on launch? Is that just a beta need?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Yes, the Terminal Win is just to make it easier to see any output on an error. It will be removed for the release.
Tim Morton

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Should 5.6 have a manual or do I need to use the 5.5 manual until 5.6 is out of beta?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Is there a manual.chm file in the folder? I thought there was. Does it not open with the F1 key or Manual Button?
Tim Morton