BA on T60 with XP 32 bit

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
kathleenmarie

BA on T60 with XP 32 bit

Post by kathleenmarie »

I want to use Bible analyzer on an offline T60 Thinkpad with XP SP3 32 bit. I installed a version of 4.7 that I found online, but some things are not working correctly. I think some of the issues are with a sloppy installation of XP rather than with BA, or that I am using the wrong version for such old hardware. I bought the laptop off of ebay and it came with Windows and Office installed, but I am not sure who installed it.

I installed the BA fonts, but some of them are not all showing up.

On startup, BA states an error that no speech engine is installed. I don't know if the speech engine is missing or not. I need to learn more about that. I own the timing and the glyn audio, but i cannot get that to work either.

When I use the AVp version, the green places don't work. I have reinstalled the exLBL a couple times, but BA says that it is not installed. The red people links and popups work just fine.

Before I go nuts trying harder to fix Windows XP, I just want to make sure that I have a correct version of BA installed for 32 bit XP, and that these are not known bugs for this version. If anyone can give me some suggestions for how to use BA on an offline XP 32bit T60, I would be very grateful.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: BA on T60 with XP 32 bit

Post by Tim »

v4.7 is too old to support some of the features you mention.

I'm not sure which was the last version to run on XP, but here are some links to some later versions you can try.

www.bibleanalyzer.com/bibleanalyzer501-setup.exe
www.bibleanalyzer.com/bibleanalyzer511-setup.exe
www.bibleanalyzer.com/bibleanalyzer521-setup.exe
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

kathleenmarie

Re: BA on T60 with XP 32 bit

Post by kathleenmarie »

Tim wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:29 pm
v4.7 is too old to support some of the features you mention.

I'm not sure which was the last version to run on XP, but here are some links to some later versions you can try.

www.bibleanalyzer.com/bibleanalyzer501-setup.exe
www.bibleanalyzer.com/bibleanalyzer511-setup.exe
www.bibleanalyzer.com/bibleanalyzer521-setup.exe
Thanks so much!!! I will try these!