5.5.1.02 Download Manager crash

The place to discuss the Linux/Ubuntu edition
Bink

5.5.1.02 Download Manager crash

Post by Bink »

This is as much a question of, is it just me, or is it everyone?

When going to either:
Modules > Module Download Manager
Modules > Download Purchased Modules

It will throw an error:
Internet Access Not Available

Bible Analyzer does not have internet access to download the module information.

If internet access is available to this computer, you must give Bible Analyzer access through the firewall, proxy server, or similar software that is blocking it.

If this computer does not have internet access, the module downloader cannot be used. Modules can be downloaded by a computer with acccess and copied to this system.
The given traceback info is then as follows:
#---- Traceback Info ----#

*** Mon Jul 3 14:05:13 2023 ***
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "analyzer5.py", line 8062, in OnDownPremium
File "downloadMan.py", line 203, in __init__
RuntimeError: wrapped C/C++ object of type DownloadManager has been deleted

*** Mon Jul 3 14:09:32 2023 ***
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "analyzer5.py", line 8053, in OnDownMan
File "downloadMan.py", line 203, in __init__
RuntimeError: wrapped C/C++ object of type DownloadManager has been deleted

#---- End Traceback Info ----#
The system certainly has internet access, and I've tried with and without a VPN active.

System is Endeavour OS (Arch), under KDE Plasma.

RobertRathbone

Re: 5.5.1.02 Download Manager crash

Post by RobertRathbone »

I'm not having any problems with downloading modules. I'm also running BA 5.5.1.02 but on Kubuntu 23.04. If it has never worked on your OS, then maybe BA is looking for a system call or some service provided by the OS that your OS doesn't have installed or is providing. If it suddenly quick working, then trying a reboot might be in order. Tim may be able to provide some insight on how BA detects whether or not you have internet access that might help you discover if something needs to be installed.

Good luck!
Robert

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Just checked here and the Download Manager will still load on v5.5 on Ububtu 22.04. (I haven't even installed 24.04 yet.)

The code does a simple Python urllib request such as,
urllib.request.urlopen('https://www.bibleanalyzer.com/downloads/moduleData.dat'

If data is not returned the "No Access" error occurs. I'm not sure why this is happening on Arch. Maybe try running a request in a Python Terminal and see if an error occurs.

(The tracebacks have nothing to do with the access. They are only a result of the Download Manager Window not opening).
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

AgedLace

Post by AgedLace »

I just discovered Bible Analyzer and was very excited.

I'm on a Manjaro Linux Distribution and installed the AUR repository as usual. I, too, am connected to the internet and am getting the exact same error(s) as the OP in this thread. I don't understand the tech behind the response in the post just above mine, so I can't help there.

Thank you!