Arch Linux support?

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
doonoo

Arch Linux support?

Post by doonoo »

Would it be possible to have this on the AUR?

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Arch Linux support?

Post by Tim »

If someone wants to try and convert the deb over, be my guest. But I simply don't have time to deal with all the various distros.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

doonoo

Post by doonoo »

Tim wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:58 am
If someone wants to try and convert the deb over, be my guest. But I simply don't have time to deal with all the various distros.
Hey, thank you for all you do. I appreciate you taking your time to reply my comment. I will try to see if the AUR repo is good, and if not, then I will use debtap. God bless you.

Bink

Post by Bink »

Tim wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:58 am
I'd like to have a crack at getting the Arch AUR version working again. I maintain the AUR packages for a couple other bible apps already.

I'm wrestling with identifying the specific dependencies at the moment. So far I have:
  • Python 3.11
  • python-wxpython 4.2.0 (may have Python 3.11 incompatibility? Awaiting update from Arch core)
  • python-espeak 0.5
Any solid pointers would be appreciated.

Version 5.2, based on Python 2.7, also had additional listed dependencies. Are these (or Python3 equivalents) still needed?
  • python2-pillow
  • python2-configobj
  • xsel
  • gst-plugins-ugly

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

For Bible Analyzer 5.5 Python 3.10 is the requirement. 3.11 may work, but I have not tried it yet.

python-wxpython 4.2.0 is for Python 3.10. wx 4.2.1 for 3.11 has been released but it is not yet in the repositories.

Any version of eSpeak should work.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Bink

Post by Bink »

Thanks Tim.

I have it successfully launching, leveraging Python 3.10 and python-wxpython 4.2.0, but there's still a couple things to work out (some absent GTK libs). All going well, I hope to have an update on the AUR shortly.

The issues preventing launch that I encountered, were the result of it looking under

Code: Select all

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
for espeak-data and webkit2gtk-4.0 data. In the end I worked around that by creating symbolic links to the correct locations. I mention this in case this is something I might have the ability to configure a bit more gracefully?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Great!
Tim Morton