Searching the Gospels excluding the Red Letter passages

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
epement

Searching the Gospels excluding the Red Letter passages

Post by epement »

Hello Tim or anyone who is a Bible Analyzer power user . . .

I'd like to search for the word "Lord" in the four Gospels, but exclude all the "red letter" passages which contain the words of Jesus. In other words, I'd like to find all the times the word Lord was used in the Gospels, where Jesus himself was not speaking.

I know that the Advanced Bible Search (function key F2) has a range filter control to search only the "Red Letter" passages. My query is to limit the range to the four Gospels, but to exclude the Red Letter passages from the search.

Any idea on how to do this?
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Searching the Gospels excluding the Red Letter passages

Post by Tim »

Bible Analyzer is not coded to do these type of "except" searches. They can't be done with regular expressions either because the regex search is designed to ignore any tags, including red letter tags.

Searching a plain text with a text editor would be straightforward, though. Simply remove all the redletter text and then search.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

epement

Re: Searching the Gospels excluding the Red Letter passages

Post by epement »

Thanks, Tim. We're blessed to live in the computer generation at all.

I have more than enough tools to perform my studies.
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5