Two errors on start-up of BA 5.5

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
epement

Two errors on start-up of BA 5.5

Post by epement »

I see these two errors every single time my copy of BA starts up. This is the first one:
BA_SAPI_error_2022-11-13.jpg
BA_SAPI_error_2022-11-13.jpg (15.23 KiB) Viewed 6277 times
This is the second one:
BA_error_2022-11-13.jpg
BA_error_2022-11-13.jpg (42.73 KiB) Viewed 6277 times
Is there anything I need to install to make these errors go away? I am also willing to edit the Windows registry.

BA version 5.5.1.12.
Windows 7 32-bit emulation running on CrossOver v22.0.1.

I have tried a Windows 10, 64-bit emulation, but the application tried to install into the "Program Files (x32)" directory and it had problems with the Module download feature, which would not sync or download modules. So I chose a Windows 7, 32-bit emulation, and it installed into "Program Files" and could download the modules without any problems.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5

RobertRathbone

Re: Two errors on start-up of BA 5.5

Post by RobertRathbone »

I'm assuming you are using Crossover to run the Windows version of BA under Linux. The error seems to be that BA is not finding the speech engine that comes in Windows by default. Installing that is something that you would probably need to ask the Crossover people for help to install. I know very little about Crossover except that it's based on the open-source Wine project. Researching Wine could also help.

A possible work around might be to go into BA's Text-to-Speech options and set it to "No speech at Start." Then at least it wouldn't try to access the speech engine when it started up and show the error message. The down side is that the speech feature would be disabled. If you don't mind that, then this might be a viable solution. Otherwise, your only options are to consult the Crossover and/or Wine people and see what the options are.

Hope this helps...
Robert Rathbone