Bible Analyzer 5.5 Beta (Linux)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Re: Bible Analyzer 5.5 Beta (Linux)

Post by Tim »

Yes, externally, to the OS, it is the same version and needs to be "reinstalled," Internally it is a new version. It's quicker for me that way.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

When can I expect an update that addresses the issues I have submitted?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I should be able to get back to it in a day or two. Lots of things going on.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Hi Brother Tim

For my usage style, I have not run into any further issues. Thank you for your explanations and resolving what issues I was having.

Your work is a blessing and very much appreciated.

RobertRathbone

Post by RobertRathbone »

I've come across a bug in the Linux beta. This only happens once something (word or reference) has been typed in the quick search box in the tool bar. Thereafter, if you advance the Bible window to either the previous or next chapter, then the drop down portion of the search box appears with one entry (the current Bible reference), obscuring your view of what's under it. It appears that when the search box gets updated when the chapter changes, it briefly gets the focus and triggers the drop down. To get rid of the drop down you have to click in the search box and then click somewhere else. Then when you move to a different chapter, the drop down appears all over again. See the screenshot below to see this bug in action.

Hope i've given enough of a description and/or instructions on how to reproduce for you to be able to track it down.

Robert
Attachments
Bug in quick search box
Bug in quick search box
Screenshot_20230222_161544.png (23.1 KiB) Viewed 149024 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks. I'll look into it.
Tim Morton

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Well, we're at the end of the month. When can I expect the update release of BA?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Well, Bible Analyzer for Linux was released to the public nearly two weeks ago with a new website as well. It was announced in our newsletter.

https://www.bibleanalyzer.com/download.html

The deb available there is a newer version than the last beta available here.

There may still be an issue here or there but it seems to be working pretty well.
Tim Morton

RobertRathbone

Post by RobertRathbone »

I've not received a newsletter in several months. I figured that you'd stopped sending them via email. Is there something I need to do to resubmit my email address for receiving the newsletter?

RobertRathbone

Post by RobertRathbone »

Never mind. When I went to the download page to get the latest Linux version I saw the place to subscribe to the newsletter. I submitted my email address again.