suggestion : IDX : make items clickable

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
kenfhill84083

Re: suggestion : IDX : make items clickable

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Windows prompted me for 2 back-to-back updates this morning. Now the right-click works.

kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

kenfhill84083 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:11 am
Windows prompted me for 2 back-to-back updates this morning. Now the right-click works.
and now it does not work again - same error message.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Did your system have any more changes?
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Tim wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 6:44 pm
Did your system have any more changes?
Not that I know of.

kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

RobertRathbone wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 6:47 am
Since hovering over the item (be it a Bible verse or a topic from a dictionary, book, or commentary) normally shows a preview of the content from wherever the hit came from, I suggest using the CTRL (or SHIFT or ALT) key to allow showing alternative content. If the hit is a Bible verse, then hovering normally would still show the preview from the dictionary, commentary, etc. from where it came from, but if you hover over it while holding down the CTRL key (or whatever key you choose) then the popup shows the actual Bible verse being referenced. If the hit is not a Bible verse then hovering could act normally, unless there is some alternative content that could be shown that makes sense.
I like this idea. Since the IDX deals with content from different kinds of modules, as Tim pointed out, could Bible Analyzer identify Bible references - like in Pop Verse does on web pages - and act accordingly to show a pop up? From my POV, as a user, this would be the least choreography and friction.