how do you delete a topic in advanced concept filter ?

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
kenfhill84083

how do you delete a topic in advanced concept filter ?

Post by kenfhill84083 »

I created a few bogus topics for playing around with the advanced concept filter. Now I want to delete them but I can't figure out how.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: how do you delete a topic in advanced concept filter ?

Post by Tim »

I intended to make a topic delete but didn't. Here is the default "filters.dat" file. Just replace the current.
filters.zip
(10.77 KiB) Downloaded 998 times
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Tim wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:07 pm
I intended to make a topic delete but didn't. Here is the default "filters.dat" file. Just replace the current.
filters.zip
I tried that in both C:\Program Files (x86)\Bible Analyzer 5\ and C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Bible Analyzer

I exited BA and put the original .dat file in both folders. After launching BA I still see my bogus topics.

Is there someplace else I should be looking?

BTW . is a "delete topic" button going to be added in future?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

It should be the Appdata folder. Sometimes Windows runs from a copy. Just delete the filke there and let Bible Analyzer put a copy a new one there on next start.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Tim wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:09 pm
It should be the Appdata folder. Sometimes Windows runs from a copy. Just delete the filke there and let Bible Analyzer put a copy a new one there on next start.
Using Everything file manager, I deleted every filter.dat on my system. The BA would not launch. Using Recycle Bin, I restored them and deleted all except 1 in the BA program folder.

After launching, I still have my bogus topics.

I tried deleting all items in a bogus topic and saving but BA would not let me save a topic with no items. Is it possible to put some code at that point that asks if you want to delete the topic?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Yes, it needs a delete feature.

The file is a simple sqlite db and can be edited with any sqlite editor.
Tim Morton

kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Tim wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:05 am
The file is a simple sqlite db and can be edited with any sqlite editor.
Thanks for this information. I don't think I have enough remaining gray cells to make it thru the learning curve to edit SQL files.

Until there is delete functionality in BA, I'll just live with the bogus stuff I have created.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Well...yesterday I added a delete feature for the upcoming version. When there are no entries, on Save in the ACF Bible Analyzer asks if the user wants to delete the topic.
Tim Morton

kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Tim wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:27 am
Well...yesterday I added a delete feature for the upcoming version. When there are no entries, on Save in the ACF Bible Analyzer asks if the user wants to delete the topic.
Great. Thanks.