Installing on Fedora

The place to discuss the Linux/Ubuntu edition
sdegrande

Installing on Fedora

Post by sdegrande »

Hi.

I would like to install your software on Fedora. I tried to convert the .deb into a .rpm, but it fails.

Creating an AppImage could help providing a 'multi-distribution' package. It is much lighter than a FlatPack, and easier to use (an Appimage is an executable).

I could help on that subject, if you want.

sdegrande

Re: Installing on Fedora

Post by sdegrande »

Nb: I use 'linuxdeploy' for one of the FOSS project I'm contributing to, and it works like a charm
(https://docs.appimage.org/packaging-gui ... guide.html)

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Sure, if you want to convert Bible Analyzer into an Appimage, give it a try. I simply don't have time to deal with it.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

sdegrande

Post by sdegrande »

I'll try to extract the binary and the assets from the .deb package, but it would much easier if I could get access to the sources... However, they are not public, right ? Or did I miss an information ?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

No, its not open source. The binary was made with Pyinstaller and includes the required wx platform. (It was not available in the repositories at the time. Don't know about now.)
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)