History

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
danielofthelions

History

Post by danielofthelions »

Hi Tim !

We are really loving Bible Analyzer.
However we have an important need of viewing our history for at least a few days.
I can see the history within the open session, but for some reason it appears to be lost when restarting the program.

How can we see the history at least 2 days old, so we can go back to something we were studying a few days ago ??

thanks again !
Daniel

Tim
Site Admin

Re: History

Post by Tim »

That is something we may add in a future version. However, in the meanwhile you can save all study data exported to the MultiWindow and open it back any time. See this video for details, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQweysHvqP0&t=21s
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

danielofthelions

Thanks so much Tim !

Yes my wife and I read a Psalm together each morning, however unless we actually bookmark or save it, we lose where we were up to.
So yes it would be amazingly beneficial to see the history for the past week or so.

Until this is added in, are there any Logs, windows Registry, or anything like that which holds history ??
I could write an eventghost script to retrieve the history from your Logs ?

God bless !
Dan

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Sorry, but the reference history list is not saved to disk but only to memory. Thus when the program is closed it memory is cleared.

That is all but the last reference viewed, however. It is saved to the config.ini file and Bible Analyzer opens back up to it on next start.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

danielofthelions

Thanks Tim.

You said the History might be stored in a future version.
Do you have any thought how long until this is possible ?

thanks again !
Daniel

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I have already added the feature to the code and the next version, which will be out in a few weeks will have it. It will save the last 20 or so references every time Bible Analyzer closes and show then on next start.
Tim Morton

danielofthelions

Wow Tim, you are amazing - thankyou !