How to use Bible Analyzer

Topics of Interest other than Bible Analyzer
chapkenmat

How to use Bible Analyzer

Post by chapkenmat »

I would like to begin a dialogue on the above subject. The following items might be considered under the subject: How to use Bible Analyzer:

How to prepare sermon outlines using Bible Analyzer
How to prepare sermons when you tank is empty
How to get good material when the well is dry
How to retrieve good supporting verses for sermon content

MPaul

Re: How to use Bible Analyzer

Post by MPaul »

To answer your question on how to use BA to assist making sermons, first one would have to know, in general, what is your philosophy for writing sermons. I certainly do not use any of the ideas set out in the main textbook on preaching at the seminary I attended.

However, I'll take a stab at answering your question. First pray to the Holy Ghost for a topic, even a very braod one that can be narrowed later. Then, use BA for searching Bible verses and commentary on the topic. Assemble a lot of verses/comments on the topic, and then, pray on what the Holy Ghost wants you to say. You must use inspiration, but having a lot of material at hand helps the process. At times, you may want to look at the parallel bible feature to consider variation on the verses. I think this process will stop being dry and empty and provide support.

chapkenmat

Post by chapkenmat »

Thank you for the reply. I currently use some of your suggestions. In addition to what you have provided I get a lot of sermon insight from meditating on the word and reading as many resources as possible. I also attempt to preach subjects that I am studying and passionate about. I prefer to do book studies but often times I am not in a situation where I can do a series, so I am forced to preach a topic.

The BA is excellent because it puts a lot of resources before you that can be accessed in quick way.

nyc.ronin

Post by nyc.ronin »

How or can I add other bible versions to the "bible parallel view"? I want to see and compare KJV and others but all I can see is what's in my pic
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (85.98 KiB) Viewed 18729 times

JPG

Post by JPG »

Click where it says "Click To Select Texts" :)

nyc.ronin

Post by nyc.ronin »

Thank you! I'm a first-time user of this goldmine!