Create a Book Module one a single Line?

Deals with using and making modules and other resources
bigb2k

Create a Book Module one a single Line?

Post by bigb2k »

Hi Tim,

If I want to create a book module do I basically create it in html to show paragraph breaks then just type the entire thing on one line? Sorry if this sounds dense, but if it's just text on one line, I don't know how else to create paragraphs other than <p></p> tags. Is that right?

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Create a Book Module one a single Line?

Post by Tim »

You can create it in ScripturePad or any plain text editor formatted as you like and then simply delete the line breaks when you are done. You can use Notepad++ and search for \r\n (in RegEx mode) to remove them. Just replace with a space to keep words from running together.

If your work is only one chapter, it does not have to be on one line.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

bigb2k

Post by bigb2k »

Thank you Tim! I think I've got it now.

bigb2k

Post by bigb2k »

No actually I still can't get it right. I used S-pad to create a book. Saved it as xml. Converted it in the module converter tool. Opened the newly created text file and it was completely blank.

Is there any chance you could make a video on how to do that Tim?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

You need to save it as HTML in ScripturePad then if it is a single chapter it should convert. If not, send it to me by email and I'll look at it.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

bigb2k

Post by bigb2k »

Thank you Tim, but honestly I want to learn how to do it so that I can convert other books and notes into modules of my own.

So I tried your instructions and in ScripturePad I saved it as .html even though .xml is the default format. I followed your instructions but you know maybe the problem is the version of BA. I have 5.2.1.20 (Beta).

I guess I will try to downgrade first and try your instructions again. If that's not it. I'll just wait until you have more time to make a video on what buttons to push because I guess I'm not pushing the right buttons.

bigb2k

Post by bigb2k »

Ok, I tried re-installing and that still didn't solve the problem. I can make a dictionary, but not a book.

Content is not mine but uploaded here: https://pastebin.com/aPpY09PP

Thank you for any advice Tim.

JPG

Post by JPG »

Try this. [ ] are just there as a visual aid

Title[tab][return]
Subject[tab][Body text here blah blah... all on this line]

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

There are two things needed in your file.

First Books need a title tag on the first line (as mentioned in the User Manual) formatted as such,
<title>Book Title Goes Here</title>

Second, each chapter title must be delimited with a tab character as such (use tab key, will look like a space),
Chapter Title[tab key]Body text...

So the first two lines of your file should be,

<title>DIVORCE & REMARRIAGE</title>
Chapter 1[tab key]DIVORCE & REMARRIAGE By Bruce Lackey...

Remember, don't use the text [tab key], just press the tab key there. there will not be a visible character, just a space.
Tim Morton

bigb2k

Post by bigb2k »

Ok thank you I've totally got it now.

BTW, did David Hoffman from the Common Man's Reference Bible ever contact you? he replied to me saying he was interested.