Using Color

Deals with using and making modules and other resources
darrel_jw

Using Color

Post by darrel_jw »

I am hitting a roadblock. I have text like "απεθανεν (apethanen) [G599] [G5627] DIED V-2AAI-3S looks like ..." I want the Greek "απεθανεν" to be red, which I can do by using <r> and </r>. I want the "[G599] [G5627] DIED V-2AAI-3S" to be superscripted, which I can with <sup> and </sup>. But then I want the G599 and G5627 to be green and I cannot get that to work!

My modified text is: "<r>απεθανεν</r> (<i>apethanen</i>) <sup>[<font color="green">G599<font color="black">] [<font color="green">G5627<font color="black">] DIED <font color="blue">V-2AAI-3S<font color="black"></sup> looks like ..."

Once I put font colors in the superscripted area the following text goes squirrelly! How do I (or can I) use colors in the superscripts? I have tried various methods and so far failed!

Darrel

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Using Color

Post by Tim »

No, you can't change the Strong's color because the code searches the numbers out and adds the tag. It would then be inside your tag and take precedence.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Ouch! So there is no way I can change the color Strong's numbers, like <r>[Hxxxx]</r> or green or ...?

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Update!

I thought I'd better update this topic. It is possible (and actually works!). If you remember, the original example is shown below and did not play cleanly:
My modified text is: "<r>απεθανεν</r> (<i>apethanen</i>) <sup>[<font color="green">G599<font color="black">] [<font color="green">G5627<font color="black">] DIED <font color="blue">V-2AAI-3S<font color="black"></sup> looks like ..."

I modified how I am placing things and it nows plays beautifully!

My modified text is: "<font color = red>απεθανεν<font color = black> (<i>apethanen</i>) <font color = green><sup>[G599]<font color="black"> DIED <font color = blue>V-2AAI-3S</sup><font color = black> looks like ..."

It actually works very nicely! I am just about completed with converting Frank Jabini's "An Introduction to Biblical Languages" to BA. When I finish proofing I then need to submit a copy to Frank and see if he gives his permission.

Darrel