Text format of a Bible Module on a Mac

Deals with using and making modules and other resources
SparkyzFan

Text format of a Bible Module on a Mac

Post by SparkyzFan »

I am trying to create a Bible module on a Mac and am using textedit and I have tried both Unicode-8 and ASCII files with .txt extension. I have only tried Psalms 1:1-3 just to see if it will work, but, so far not having much luck. BibleAnalyzer seems to create the module and places It in my documents/Bible Analyzer user modules folder, but, it does not show up in Bible Analyzer after I close and restart the App. I can drag the .bib file into the Bible folder that is in the Application support folder and it will come up as a tab in BibleAnalyzer when I reopen the app, but, then I get an error "1: Psalms is not found in this Bible". I formatted each verse with the BA 3 letter code (Psa)(then a space)then chapter:verse(then a Tab from tab key)Blessed is the man..... with the whole verse on one line. Here are screen shots.
I am considering building my own KJV Bible Module so that I can have the KJV text without the footnote numbers and possibly without the [ ]. Thanx in advance for any assistance!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 17.06.56.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 17.06.56.png (240.05 KiB) Viewed 17666 times
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 17.04.02.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 17.04.02.png (89.79 KiB) Viewed 17666 times

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Text format of a Bible Module on a Mac

Post by Tim »

Are you using a tab between the ref and the verse text?

Psa 1:1[tab key]Blessed is.....
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

SparkyzFan

Post by SparkyzFan »

Yes sir, I am using the Tab key to insert a tab between the reference and text of verse.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Ok. send me me the file by email, morton@bibleanalyzer.com and I'll take a look at it.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)