Text Format of Various Modules

Deals with using and making modules and other resources
Brother Mike

Re: Text Format of Various Modules

Post by Brother Mike »

Bro. Tim

What would you suggest if making an encyclopedia type of modue. There will be a name and then a multi-line article following. Would a dictionary format be best or would there be something more specific you would use?

Thanks

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

The dictionary format would be best. That is what the International Standard Bible Encyclopedia is in and it works pretty well.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

2mc

Post by 2mc »

Regarding the text format for a Bible Module, I have three questions:

1. How do you format the verse notes--i.e., alternate readings / translations provided by the version translators?
2. Am I able to export an existing module--such as Webster's Revised Version--in order to make changes and then re-import into Bible Analyzer? If so, how do I do this?
3. Are the modules databases such that they could be opened directly by Microsoft Access or some other SQL server? If so, what format is used?

Thanks.

Matt

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

The files are SQLite databases and can be opened with any SQLite viewer.

Bibles with footnotes cannot be compiled with the built in Module Creator. They require additional tables and formatting that I do myself.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Tim, can I include audio files as hyperlinks in modules? I was not seeing this i the user manual, although I could have missed it.

Darrel

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Audio files would probably work but they would play in the system default audio player. I haven't tried it.
Tim Morton