API for Bible Analyzer

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
epement

API for Bible Analyzer

Post by epement »

Does Bible Analyzer have an API (application programming interface) or set of command-line options, such that an external program could invoke Bible Analyzer and have it immediately (say), jump to a Bible reference like John 3:16-19, a Dictionary or Commentary entry, or a known Resource or Layout for immediate viewing?

If not, have you ever considered adding such a feature? What would the advantages, drawbacks, or obstacles to doing so?

Gladly serving the Lord Jesus,

Eric
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5

Tim
Site Admin

Re: API for Bible Analyzer

Post by Tim »

There was a protocol established that uses multicast that allows Bible software co-navigation. I wrote the code into Bible Analyzer but have not released it since there is only one other software I know of that utilizes a variation of it, that is Xiphos. If others wanted to implement it, I may release it.

This page give some of the details, http://wiki.crosswire.org/BibleSync
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

mitch_j

Re: API for Bible Analyzer

Post by mitch_j »

I would use it! The inverse would be nice as well. A 'user menu' that we could link in applications / documents that we use when we do research. I have a lot of pdf/html reference files that it would be nice to link in.

.\\itch - With listening comes wisdom, with speaking, repentance.