IDX Panel

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
darrel_jw

IDX Panel

Post by darrel_jw »

Currently BA is very good at when you click a word or verse of populating the Dct, Cmt and Bk lists in the IDX, and I really like this feature! But I would love to see the reverse. Say I am reading a book, commentary or dictionary - I'd really like to see a list of references built in reverse, showing the others lists containing that word. Does that make sense? It seems like the tools are pretty much there now. Any chance?

Tim
Site Admin

Re: IDX Panel

Post by Tim »

I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean the current word or references show up in wordlists?
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Say I open a book that contains the word "Satan" or "nephilim". I would like to be able to right-click (or some other key) and have the IDX, DBT and TSKe lists populate with references containing that word. It appears like it might be "do-able" since I can search for "giants" as an example, click on a verse reference which displays in the Bible window and the IDX, DBT and TSKe fill based on that verse. I'd like to be able to right-click on that word and have an entry allowing me to populate those lists directly. Does that make sense?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

The ref index panels are always linked to the current verse. Having them update independently would break several other functions, so that is not something we will be able to consider right now.

Thanks for the ideas.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Okay. Thanks for considering Tim