Crowdsource Reference corrections in Books, Commentaries

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
WRM

Crowdsource Reference corrections in Books, Commentaries

Post by WRM »

I happen to find another two places where the parser for finding location references missed a reference. Probably because the names of the books were written out.
Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, Thayer - G792
see ἄρσην at the end); ;
wandering stars, (these are not planets,
So I was wondering is it possible to add a feature in an upcoming release for users to specify the reference, book, and location in the book to identify a location reference and then submit it to you.

Maybe add a 'developer mode' which one can switch on and then it gives you an option in a right click menu when you select a missed reference. The suggested corrections can then be used by you to adjust your reference parser etc.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Crowdsource Reference corrections in Books, Commentaries

Post by Tim »

How about this instead,

we provide to interested users an editable text copy of the data the module is made from where they can correct any errors themselves. Then they can return it back to us to update the "official" module we distribute. At any time they can make their own module with Module Creator.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

I like that! ;)

WRM

Post by WRM »

Sure, that can work too. I'd like to take part as far as I can find time to spare.
Do we need to say which modules we want to look at? Perhaps only modules those users have already purchased...? :?

I'm very interested in getting Burgon's modules all working and make sure that any in dictionaries like Thayer's are sorted out.

This way however you'd have to run a difference checker on the files to check that someone did not add a lot of junk to the file's contents. Just to be safe.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

You can do any module you want. Preferably one title or group from same author at a time. Just let me know by email because I don't want to post the links here.

If more than one person is interested, it would be best if they each take sections to not duplicate each others work.

Yes, I planned on comparing the files to be sure no unintended data was entered.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

WRM

Post by WRM »

Thanks I've sent an email to you.