epub support

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
mitch@crn.hopto.org

epub support

Post by mitch@crn.hopto.org »

I would be very cool if we could add our own epub doc to BA. And integrate the dictionaries while reading them. It would open up a large amount of research. I know we can create our own books, you gave us the API, but most people do not have the skills.

Also, a command line lookup interface that would allow us to open BA with a word or reference from other programs: bibleanalyzer /"John 3:16" or /oblation

Just a thought.

epement

Re: epub support

Post by epement »

Hello Mitch,

The second part of your request seems to be partially fulfilled already in the form of web links. Bible Analyzer has the built-in ability to open up the BA application if a specially crafted link is invoked (clicked on) in a web browser or application with URL support.

There has been some discussion of this feature in the forum.

See details here: http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/links-demo.html
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5

Tim
Site Admin

Re: epub support

Post by Tim »

I have actually tinkered with opening epubs in Bible Analyzer and it works pretty good with simple layouts. But with more complex layouts things get messed up. And with epub 3 even more so. However, it cannot open files with digital rights applied and all from the major book publishers are.

As for the links, as the brother mentioned, there is a system set up for web page links. They may work from the console. I haven't tried.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)