Bible Module Suggestion

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
novar

Bible Module Suggestion

Post by novar »

I would like to see if it is possible to get a module of the Complete Word Study Bible by AMG Publishers.
What do you think?
Thanks Robert

Also, I would like Tim Morton to bring back the Original Companion Bible by Bullinger... I liked studying the KJV text next to the structures. Even if not links are provided it is still a bible study resource!!!

Thanks for any help on this.
Robert

epement

Re: Bible Module Suggestion

Post by epement »

When you say, "bring back the Original Companion Bible by Bullinger... I liked studying the KJV text next to the structures", can you explain how the Structures would be shown in Bible Analyzer?

I have used the Companion Bible for over 40 years (Zondervan reprint edition), and the Structures are distributed in three locations: (1) in separate sections before each book begins, (2) in the far left margins on each page (outside of the text box), and (3) in separate sections inside the text box on the right side of each page, above the verse cross references.

For example, see the structures shown in 1 Cor 2:6-16, on the right said of the page, which contain 10 levels of indentation, with curly braces { ... } around several levels at the same time. This is perfectly suited for a hard-copy book whose page margins and layout never can change, but it is very different and difficult for a software tool which has dynamic, resizable width and height.

And then notice that the Structures also appear in normal, italic, oblique, and superscript format on the left side of the same page, and due to layout restrictions and time constraints, those structures often appear in the left margin without any mention of them in the right-side text notes. Trying to import these into Bible Analyzer would be a difficult task requiring a lot of manual effort. (Er, I think.)
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

The text of the Companion Bible structures (without indentation) can be found under the book topics as seen in the image below.

cb-struct.png
cb-struct.png (36.76 KiB) Viewed 18509 times
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

kathleenmarie

Post by kathleenmarie »

Thank you SOOO much for showing us that!!!!

kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Tim wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:06 pm
The text of the Companion Bible structures (without indentation) can be found under the book topics as seen in the image below.

cb-struct.png

I just purchased this module but it does not show up with the rest of the commentaries.

I was hoping to see info like in StudyLight.org @ https://www.studylight.org/commentaries ... ns-13.html (I tried uploading a screenshot but was too big).

I would appreciate counseling about this. Thanks.
Attachments
Bullinger _ Comapnion  Rom 13.1-2 (BA commentaries - CB not listed).jpg
Bullinger _ Comapnion Rom 13.1-2 (BA commentaries - CB not listed).jpg (86.65 KiB) Viewed 10263 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I wrote the text below I looked and saw where you ordered the Bullinger collection not the Companion Bible Bundle. The Companion material is only in the later, https://www.bibleanalyzer.com/store/com ... appendices

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Companion Bible Material is not installed. Try this,

Go to "Modules/Download Purchased Modules" in the Bible Analyzer "Main Menu" and follow the prompts. When finished, all your purchased titles should be installed.

If not, go to your Downloads at the store,
https://www.bibleanalyzer.com/store/ind ... t/download

And look for the BA-CB.exe file and you can download and install with that setup file as well (Windows only)

Once installed, it will look similar to the page you mentioned. The margin notes will be linked to the active verse.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)