Make Commentary & Dictionary Preview clickable

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
2mc

Make Commentary & Dictionary Preview clickable

Post by 2mc »

First, let me say that I am thoroughly impressed with BibleAnalyzer. I am using it with a great deal of success. Thank you for a great product!

The Commentary and Dictionary panels have a button to pop up a Preview of all the modules referencing the current verse. This is great!

However, when hovering over some of the entries in the list, the length of the commentary is greater than the tooltip window size. When this happens, the tooltip window says at the bottom: "Click now to view entire comment." However, clicking does nothing. [By the way, I'm using the Windows version of Bible Analyzer and running it on Windows 10 Pro 54-bit.]

It would be quite useful if I could click on any item in the list showing in the Preview popup and have that module appear in the Commentary or Dictionary Window. That way, if the preview indicated more was available and my interest were piqued, I could simply click and read the entire entry in the Commentary or Dictionary Window.

Would that be possible?

Thanks.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Make Commentary & Dictionary Preview clickable

Post by Tim »

It should go to that entry on click. Can you give me the exact steps from a fresh start to reproduce this issue with the title you clicked?
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

2mc

Post by 2mc »

1. Two-column layout.
2. Go to a book and chapter of the Bible. For this example, go to Galatians 4.
3. Highlight a verse. For this example, highlight verse 24.
4. My default commentary shows in the Commentary Window in the column on the right. In my case, Barnes shows up as it is my default.
5. Click the "Show Preview of Commentaries with Current Verse/Comment" button in the toolbar of the Commentary window.
6. The Commentary Preview dialog box pops open. Since I have purchased just about every resource, I have a large list.
7. Hover the mouse over any item in the list and a "tool tip" window will pop open with a preview of the text for the selected verse.
8. At this point, try to click on an item in the list in order to have it show up in the Commentary Window in the column on the right. **Nothing will happen.**

I expected that when I clicked on an item in the list it would populate the Commentary Window. And, when doing #7 above, sometimes the tooltip says "Click now to view entire comment," but no amount of clicking will cause that to happen.

By the way, this happens for the Dictionary as well when selecting a word instead of a verse.

Can you duplicate my problem?

Thanks.

2mc

Post by 2mc »

Tim,

Were you able to duplicate my issue?

Thanks.

Matt

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I still am not able to reproduce this, but I made a couple changes in the new beta that may help (5.5.0.30). Try it out and let me know.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

2mc

Post by 2mc »

Tim,

In case I wasn't clear:
1. The Preview Dialog Box DOES open, listing the Commentaries having commentary on the selected verse.
2. Clicking on a Commentary name listed in the Preview Dialog Box DOES NOT cause that Commentary to appear in the Commentary window.

By giving too many details in my prior post I may have "buried the lede." :-)

At some point I will move over to the beta.

Thanks.

Matt

2mc

Post by 2mc »

Tim,

I installed the Beta version and it worked correctly. If I select Preview Commentaries and then select any Commentary listed in the Preview Window, then that commentary appears in the Commentary Window. This is a great feature. I'm glad you figured out the issue for the new version.

Thanks.