Can't Quit

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
srice

Can't Quit

Post by srice »

Perhaps this is a preservation thing, but I'm not able to quit Bible Analyzer on my Mac (updated with the latest BA and Mac OS X updates). I don't think this is a Biblical concept baked into the code. I do think this is a bug. Often times, and I haven't found a rhyme or reason when I use Bible Analyzer for a while, it will not close. I hit 'command Q' and it doesn't close. I click on the menu Quit Bible Analyzer and it continues to stay open. The only way I can get it to close is to force it closed by 'right clicking' (two finger clicking on my trackpad) on the Dock BA icon and selecting force close. I think it is mostly when I leave it open for a long time, but I'm not sure. If I open BA and close it, it works fine with either the keyboard shortcut or the menu option. This is a minor bug, but I did want to let you know about it.
Serving the King,
Shane Rice
Romans 12:1-2
http://www.ricefamilyministries.com

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Can't Quit

Post by Tim »

Be sure you are using the latest version, 5.0.5.05.

I did find an issue related to this and tried to fix it with this latest version. If it still occurs with it, I'm not sure what the issue is.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

srice

Post by srice »

You are right, I'm using 5.0.5.03. Downloading the newest one now. Thanks.
Serving the King,
Shane Rice

srice

Post by srice »

I'm still getting this on the latest one. Not sure why. I opened BA this AM, started studying. Ran into a minor bug, tried to close BA, and it refused. Sometimes it does this when I have the parallel open. I think sometimes if I switch away it closes. It may be related to when I have a second window (Multi-window open) or search or something else. I really am not aware of any rhyme or reason.
Serving the King,
Shane Rice

danebalia

Post by danebalia »

Aloha

I just wanted to confirm that I am also still experiencing this problem and I'm using Mac Beta 5.2.17.
I cannot quit and have to ultimately use 'Force Quit' through Activity Monitor.

Thank you ;)

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Does it refuse to close every time or just sometimes? IF sometimes, do you know what sequence of usage it takes to make it not close?
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

danebalia

Post by danebalia »

Hi Tim

From the looks of things, the Bible Analyzer main window closes, but the Application Menu still exists.
When you hover over it, you get the 'Application busy' icon.
In activity monitor it says 'Application not responding'.

I've not had an instance where I've got it to close properly.
Also when I alt + tab (to another application like my browser) and alt + tab back, I get the last searched book of the Bible showing up (as an auto-complete) just out of nowhere. So it feels like the Main Window is being hidden but not closed (along with the application). Or something alike....
Here is an example
Here is an example
bug2.png (81.24 KiB) Viewed 33509 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Ok, I think the quittiing issue is resolved in the new beta (5.2.0.21).

You can quit by,
closing BA from the toolbar button
Clicking the Quit Analyzer5 item in the menu
or by Cmd+Q

Also, the quick search entry freezing issue (mentioned in another thread) is resolved, I think.

New beta is hear,
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/Bibl ... 52beta.dmg
Tim Morton

WRM

Post by WRM »

srice wrote:Perhaps this is a preservation thing, but I'm not able to quit Bible Analyzer on my Mac
I thought he was going to say Bible Analyzer is so awesome, he just can't quit using it... :lol:

danebalia

Post by danebalia »

Yes, it's all working so now I ain't ever going to Quit it ;)

Thank you again Tim! ;)