Purchased Midi files will not play

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
bookittie

Purchased Midi files will not play

Post by bookittie »

I purchsed the classic hmms. They do not play using the integrated player in Linux Mint 15 Cinnamon. I brosed to the directory to try and play them but get an error stating that they are not standard Midi audio files (I wish this was not so). I tried to play the files in Microsoft Windows using WMP and got the same error. If the format is indeed proprietary the integrated player should play them without issues.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Purchased Midi files will not play

Post by Tim »

Indeed they are standard midi files and play with WMP on Win 7. I tried them a while back on Linux and they played there as well, though something on Linux could have changed. Or possibly your files are corrupted. Did you install them from the .run file link you received after your order? Send me an email and I'll send you a zip file of them to try, morton@bibleanalyzer.com
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

bookittie

Re: Purchased Midi files will not play

Post by bookittie »

Thanks, I appriciate your help. I don;t mean to ambush you. I also appriciate that you have made a Linux port. I did install them from the .run file. Perhaps the archive needs to be re-packed. The files that I copied over from my Linux install did not play but the ones that I got after installing BA on Win 7 played...