Module Download Manager does not sort on date

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
epement

Module Download Manager does not sort on date

Post by epement »

This is a bug report on the Module Download Manager for Bible Analyzer v5.4.0.50 for Linux (not tested in Windows)

When all the items are displayed, there is an option to sort by Date either in ascending or descending format. However, the sort routine does not actually sort by date, because the dates are displayed in M-D-YYYY format instead of the ISO format of YYYY-MM-DD. See the screen shot below, which is supposed to be an ascending sort:

In a real ascending sort by date, the years would sort as 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 . . . etc.

Since Bible Analyzer is used internationally, and since the format 12/04/2021 could represent either Dec 4 or April 12, depending on what country one is from, could the date structures be changed to 2021/12/04, which is never ambiguous?

I expect that changing the date presentation may be sufficient to resolve the sorting problem. (Maybe not, since I do not know how the dates are actually stored.) Thanks in advance.
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5

2mc

Re: Module Download Manager does not sort on date

Post by 2mc »

What is the status of this bug report? The issue still exists.

Why is this important? It is important because it assists the user in seeing when a module has been updated. Unless I'm mistaken, there isn't an automated way of updating modules when they change. Having the ability to properly sort by date would assist the user in manually checking for updated modules.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I changed the format of the date in the Download Manager data. See if it works better now.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

2mc

Post by 2mc »

Perfect, Tim!!

It works exactly as expected!

Thanks!