Resource not found, Session Manager, missing module

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
epement

Resource not found, Session Manager, missing module

Post by epement »

I have a reproducible problem and some idea of what is missing, but I need more help. I am using Bible Analyzer v5.4.0.50 for Linux, under Linux Mint v20.2. Here are the steps to reproduce:
1. Click the Image Viewer icon in the toolbar at the top
2. On the left side, select Bible Timeline > Ussher's Timeline
3. On the panel to the right, near the top left, is an information paragraph about "Ussher's Chrolology" [typo, should be Chronology]. The last bullet point says : "Popup data from Ussher's Annals of the World when cursor is placed over a year (along the bottom)."
4. Move to the bottom, select any year, and see the following error message:
Ussher Resource not found (Dct)
The Ussher resource is not loaded. Either it has not been acquired or is not checked to load in Session Manager. See BibleAnalyzer.com on how to aquire this resource.
On the face of it, the fix is pretty simple. I need to get a Dictionary module called Annals of the World (notice the "Dct" in the error message), download it, and install it. However, the Module Download Manager does not have this resource, either for free or as a premium item. Also, it is not listed in the Bible Analyzer Store web site. So is how to get this module.

Or is it possibly part of a different package or stored under a different name?
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5

RobertRathbone

Re: Resource not found, Session Manager, missing module

Post by RobertRathbone »

I presume it's looking for usshur.dct, which on my machine is in the "~/Documents/BibleAnalyzer/modules/Dictionary/" folder. My first thought is that since file systems under Linux are case sensitive that perhaps your "Dictionary" folder might be "dictionary" (I've had problems before with the upper/lower case of BibleAnalyzer paths) but then none of your dictionary modules would work. You might check to see if usshur.dct exists and in the proper folder and if so, see if the filename is all lowercase.

Outside of that, this may be a problem for Tim.

Hope something helped,
Robert

epement

Post by epement »

Hi Robert,

I believe you have found the answer. The filename looks like it has a spelling problem: "usshur" instead of "ussher". But if yours is working, I guess the module name is spelled correctly inside the file contents.

I am sure that I don't have it, and it's not related to the path name. My path is the same as yours:

Code: Select all

eric@home:~$ /bin/ls ~/Documents/BibleAnalyzer/modules/Dictionary/
ahlb.dct   dake-topics.dct  fos.dct	      hastings-dcg.dct	msc.dct       s-lsj.dct       vgnt.dct
bdb.dct    dbt.dct	    gesenius.dct      hastings.dct	s-abbott.dct  s-strongEx.dct  wace.dct
cbapp.dct  ExLBL.dct	    Gnomon.dct	      hawker-pmd.dct	scofield.dct  s-thayer.dct    watson.dct
cwd.dct    fausset.dct	    hastings-dac.dct  isbe.dct		s-cwd.dct     t-torrey.dct    wsd.dct
You will see that usshur.dct is missing. It should sort alphabetically between "t" and "v". Do you have an earlier version of Bible Analyzer, like v5.2? Maybe the file was accidentally omitted when compiling version 5.4 for Linux.

@Tim Morton, can I ask for a copy of this dictionary?
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5

RobertRathbone

Post by RobertRathbone »

Be aware that I'm not 100% sure that that file is the one that you're needing, although it is a likely suspect. I also don't know what package it might be included in, free or premium. Another possibility might be that that you have the file but it's in the wrong directory. If you find it then you could copy or move it to the "Dictionary" directory and see if that fixes things.

If the file is a free one then I could send it to you. If it's a premium one then I'm not sure if I would be allowed to send it to you. Hopefully Tim will see this thread and respond.

Robert