install error

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
lf23

install error

Post by lf23 »

I am using Linux mint v20 and get the following error:
Dependency is not satisfiable: python-espeak (>=0.3)
I am new to linux and tried to install a python package but still get the same error - please help

epement

Re: install error

Post by epement »

Hello, I have the same error message. This week I switched from Linux Mint 19.3 ("Tricia") to Mint 20.0 ("Ulyana"). Both versions used the Gnome desktop, "Cinnamon" version.

I had Bible Analyzer version 5.2-1 for Linux working on Mint 19.3, but when I try to install the same Bible Analyzer *.deb file on Mint 20.0 using the GDebi Package Installer, I received this error message:

Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: python-espeak (>= 0.3)

Since I do not want Bible Analyzer to ever talk to me or read things aloud, is there a way to omit this module? The GDebi Package Installer does not give me a way to disregard this dependency issue.

Ideas, anyone?
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5

Tim
Site Admin

Re: install error

Post by Tim »

v5.2 will not run on the newest versions of Ubuntu or Mint, however, the v5.4 beta will. Go to the Linux beta page here at the forum and try it.

You can disable the speech at startup in Preferences.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

epement

Re: install error (solved)

Post by epement »

Hi, Tim. Just to close the thread on this topic, I wanted to add this.

I am now running Linux Mint 20 "Ulyana", Gnome desktop, Cinnamon edition, and have successfully downloaded and installed Bible Analyzer version 5.4.0.50 for Linux. The "Help > About" info does not show that it is a beta version.

This version for Linux appears to be functioning normally, but I have not tested it very much. However, it loads, imports new Bibles, Commentaries, and Dictionaries, both free and paid, using the Module Download manual and they are correctly added.

So this does work, and it seems to be correct.
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5