Typing greek phrase to search (Greek Keyboard or Greek Translieration)

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
moonryul

Typing greek phrase to search (Greek Keyboard or Greek Translieration)

Post by moonryul »

Hi, I would like to type a greek phrase written through a software Greek keyboard or Greek transliteration such as "to de toutou".
I was able to copy a phrase from a Greek bible and use it for a key for search. How Can do what I want to do?
Moon

epement

Re: Typing greek phrase to search (Greek Keyboard or Greek Translieration)

Post by epement »

This response is coming to you over a year late, and I don't know if you will ever read this. Be that as it may, here is a reply. I do not work for Bible Analyzer, I'm just an occasional user.

If you're searching for Greek phrases in a Greek text (such as the Textus Receptus Interlinear), your software keyboard must be able to produce uncapitalized and unaccented UTF-8 Unicode as the output. Phrase searches done with the Master Control Panel (function key F2) still require "double quotes" around the phrase to preserve spaces embedded between words.

To do Greek transliteration from English characters to Greek characters, you'd need a standard form of Romanizing the Greek alphabet. As you probably know, Greek has 2 form of the "o" vowel: omicron (short "o") and omega (long "o"). It has 2 forms of the "e" vowel: epsilon (short "e") and eta (long "e"). And when the letter "s" (sigma) ends a word, the character is different.

I do think that the free Windows program AutoHotKey can support a macro script to do what you want. In other words, if you find a transliteration system that works for you, you could create an AutoHotKey macro to perform the conversion instantly. The way it would work is, you type your phrase (such as "ego eimi h odos"), highlight or mark it, press a hotkey that you specify, and the macro has the logic built into it to convert it to "εγω ειμι η οδος" (because the macro has an exception built in to convert sigma to final-sigma when it ends a word). The macro will wrap it in double-quotes, and that's a start.

By the way, your question did help me to search for virtual keyboard and translation programs, which I otherwise did not know about: This has been an interesting investigation. Maybe it will spur a few other questions.
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5