Bible audio timing files (for purchase). How to tell if they are installed?

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
Eric

Bible audio timing files (for purchase). How to tell if they are installed?

Post by Eric »

Tim,
Is there an easy way to know if BA 5.4.1.19 "sees" the files that provide the precise timing for Bible audio? It'd be nice if there were a notice in the "Audio Settings" panel of the Preferences to say that it is found or can be purchased (if it's not found).

Another thought: on Mac, it's common for Command + , (Command Comma) to pull up the preferences. I'd love to have it working since I do more by shortcut than by mouse (when I can).

Eric

Re: Bible audio timing files (for purchase). How to tell if they are installed?

Post by Eric »

Sorry, Tim, I should have put the comments above in the "Comments & Suggestions" forum. I'll try to be more alert as to where to put my posts. :)

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

The Timing Data entry text in the Download Manager should be gray if the timing data is installed.

For red letter use,
<r>word</r>

As for headings, they can't be used with user made modules.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Eric

Post by Eric »

Just so others know what the questions were re: red letter and headings in user Bibles, here they are:

(1) I'm wondering what the formatting is to do red letter text in BA Bible modules. In my .txt file red letter text is marked this way:

+r/red letter text-r/

(2) What about headings? Is there a way to do them? In my .txt file they are marked this way:

+sh/subheading-sh/

Thank you, Tim, once again, for your prompt answers!

Eric

Post by Eric »

I had already compiled the foreign language user Bible with +r/red letter text-r/, and when I looked at it in Bible Analyzer 5.4.1.19 (on Mac), the text with those markers around it displays in BA in red, even though the proper markup for BA is <r>red letter text like this</r>. Nice. I guess that means I don't need to convert the markers before compiling a user Bible. :)

Eric

Post by Eric »

Well, Tim, this is strange. I'll try to describe it thoroughly. I bought the add-on for the verse timings for the Bibles yesterday. I have downloaded it multiple times yesterday and today trying to get the timing to work. Each time, BA 5.4.1.19 (Mac) says that it was successfully downloaded and installed. But when I go back and look, it can be downloaded again (which, if I understood your earlier post correctly), means that the file didn't really get downloaded.

I just completely deleted the BA app and all other files using App Cleaner. That means preferences and files in the Application Support file were deleted, too.

Then I reinstalled BA. Next I synced purchases. The Download Manager says I have 19 items to download. Since I didn't want to download them all right now, rather than clicking OK to download I clicked cancel. The Download Manager window/dialog is still visible. I thought I'd go through and un-check everything else, and only leave the "Verse Timing Data for KJB Audio" item selected. But it won't let me unselect any that it already selected, presumably via sync. It says "Title not purchased" when I click on any of the ones that already have a check mark in them. It says if they had been purchased it would have "Purchased" in the price column. None of them have "purchased" in the price column - that I think is strange.

At this point I can download all 19 items, I think, but for whatever reason I think that if I do download them, at least the "Verse Timing Data for KJB Audio" one won't "stick".

So I just downloaded all 19, and it said that they downloaded and installed. I launched audio reading with Scourby (which I just recently linked), but the timing is still off. So I went back and looked at purchases in the Download Manager, and now it shows that two of the 19 items I just downloaded are available for download: (1) "Verse Timing Data for KJB Audio" and (2) Gospel Hymnal Bundle. For whatever reason, those two aren't being saved on my computer properly.

I just tried audio again, and the timing is off. So I went back to the Download Manager (actually "Download Purchased Modules"), and those two are available for download again. So I downloaded them again, and I see this:
Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 15.46.56.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 15.46.56.png (90.79 KiB) Viewed 17165 times
So I guess I'm out of ideas. If you have any, please let me know.

Oh, here's an idea. I looked in /Volumes/[computer name]/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Bible Analyzer/modules/Audio, and all the midi files there are dated as "modified" yesterday, not today! Maybe that means somehow those files are "stale", i.e., from a previous installation?

Sorry to bother you with this, Tim, but I hope you can help me out.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

This could be a few things.

The timing file is vsTiming.plg and should be under your modules folder in Application Support.

You must again link the audio files after a reinstallation.

You can reset all audio data by holding the Shift key while clicking "Link Audio Files." No need to reinstall.

When the link function is run it will report whether the files successfully matched.

I have seen where some publishers have renamed their audio files to an obscure name format that Bible Analyzer cannot yet parse.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Eric

Post by Eric »

I think the problem is that the vsTiming.plg file is simply not getting into the correct folder. Its not there even after having just downloaded it, when BA says it downloaded successfully.

I just deleted all the midi files in the "audio" folder, and used the module download manager to re-populate that folder. It worked fine: they immediately showed up there with new dates that they had been "Modified" today. Here's what's in the "modules" folder:
Application Support>Bible Analyzer>modules-sm.jpg
Application Support>Bible Analyzer>modules-sm.jpg (50.05 KiB) Viewed 17133 times