Mac 5.5 Display Problems

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
geekybryan@gmail.com

Mac 5.5 Display Problems

Post by geekybryan@gmail.com »

Good Evening,

I use the Mac version of BA. I upgraded to 5.5, and immediately noticed the outer borders of the program recognized the dark mode mac setting. Unfortunately, it caused a lot of other issues with the software. I have rolled back to 5.4 for now. The tabs on the lower right of the dictionary window and others are unreadable. The tabs are light grey, but the text is white. It looks as though the text is set for dark mode, but the tabs never changed with the outer borders.

I'm not complaining. I'm merely reporting these events so you are aware of the issues.

I'm a Senior Systems Analyst and Azure Cloud Architect. I'm using a Mac 2019 i9 Macbook Pro 16" w/16gb RAM, MacOS Ventura 13.1.

Thank you!

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Mac 5.5 Display Problems

Post by Tim »

Thanks for the report.

The issue is Bible Analyzer is not very compatible with the system dark mode. It has some non-native controls (such as the tabs) that do not respond well to the system change.

We hope to make the dark mode available in a future version, but that is a pretty big job. Bigger than one would expect.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)