Upgrade to 5.5

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
mikephil

Upgrade to 5.5

Post by mikephil »

So I am running my 5.4 on a W10 OS and used the Portable install. As Time went I installed many Commentary, Bibles, Books and Dictionaries. Many of which were Module purchases. I Downloaded the BA5.5 and installed in another folder seemed to work great. How do I move or copy my Modules over I tried to copy the individual Modules folder and replaced the one new to the BA5.5 install, Bibles seemed to show up but not for the others (Dict, comm, or books). I then copied the origional 5.4 to another folder and did another install into that folder, again bibles show not the others and my bibles still show Duplicated as was the problem with 5.4 that I was hoping to fix.
You have done a great job on this program, Thanks again. :)

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade to 5.5

Post by Tim »

To move the modules from one portable install to another simply move or copy the entire Modules folder in the portable folder from one to the other.

If all the title don't seem to show up, reset the installation by deleting these files,
config.ini
mainLayout.dat
bibLayout.dat

They will be regenerated on next start.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

mikephil

Post by mikephil »

Tim, this seemed to fix the module loading issue from what I've tried to open. So Thanks for this help.

I did mean to also mention the startup errors I'm also getting the Follow POPUP Error.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
Program: E:\BA-5_5\BibleAnalyzer5.exe

R6034
An application ha made an attempt to load the C runtime
library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more
information.

I tried to delete and reinstall and this still comes up and toggles 3 times then BA 5.5 opens fine from what I can Tell.
Is it because it's opening on a flash drive perhaps?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I have not seen this error before.

You could try deleting
config.ini
mainLayout.dat
bibLayout.dat

and then try again.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

mikephil

Post by mikephil »

Tim this seems to still give the above error messages at start up 3 times of pressing enter. All loads Bibles, Dictionaries and Commentary Modules. I have noticed my inverse notes "User Notes" didn't load. mine seem to be in a dat file of "ss lesson notes.nts" I just noticed this was a notes session i labeled out however it seems as though it has "spaces" between words in file name which may be an issue. I can't seem to find the place I named this in the 5.4 BA version.

How can I copied these from my 5.4 version? Thanks again

Also I went to Export these and got an Error to send in to BA tech services which I did.

Thanks

mikephil

Post by mikephil »

All, I found out my own problem... These update upon exiting of program and load last file used on last open session of BA.
"User notes" files are located under your "Notes" tab in Commentary screen to open which ever file you are working with ".nts" file in the main directory of your BA folder.

Still issues with popup of error visual basic loading a few "Threads up" I may attempt to reload and install again every thing to see if this takes care of it.

Still a great Software... Thank you Tim

VCO

Post by VCO »

The Next Upgrade, I would like to see Holman's Christian Standard Bible with Red Letters. It was a FREE version on WORDsearch 10, even if I had to pay for it, I still prefer to do my personal Bible Study on (HCSB).

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

We would distribute it if we could receive permission. As we would the CSB.

However, when we contact the publishers in the past they would not even reply.
Tim Morton