Font missing for the SBLGNT

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
epement

Font missing for the SBLGNT

Post by epement »

I have a missing font for the SBLGNT. I am using Bible Analyzer v5.4.1.22 for Windows 10, and several of the accented letters show up as empty boxes. See the screenshot attached to this message.

I have installed all the fonts in the BA-fonts.zip file (available https://bibleanalyzer.com/download.htm), and the issue persists. What is the name of the missing font that this module requires?
Attachments
SBLGNT-font-issue.png
SBLGNT-font-issue.png (19.68 KiB) Viewed 5455 times
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Font missing for the SBLGNT

Post by Tim »

There is not a dedicated font for the SBL. It relies on the selected system font. Not all system fonts have all Greek characters. If you go to Preferences/Font Properties and select a different Bible font you may find one with the missing glyphs.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

epement

Re: Font missing for the SBLGNT

Post by epement »

Hi, Tim. On the Font Properties panel in Bible Analyzer, both of my default fonts (general and Bible) is Verdana.

This may sound strange, but I thought I'd try something. I went to the SBL (Society of Biblical Literature) and looked to see if they have a free font for their SBLGNT Greek text. I found this: https://www.sbl-site.org/educational/Bi ... Greek.aspx

I downloaded the font, installed it for all users, and immediately got this result. I did not make any changes to Bible Analyzer, and did not alter the default Bible panel font. The font size is a little bit smaller than I'd like, and I would prefer a sans serif font, but it does add the accent marks and diacritical symbols. I can't figure it out.

This is Windows 10. I also have a Linux Mint installation, but the picture below is from Windows. Thanks for your quick reply!
SBLGNT-font-resolved.png
SBLGNT-font-resolved.png (19.01 KiB) Viewed 5434 times
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5