Alternate spellings?

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
bigb2k

Alternate spellings?

Post by bigb2k »

I was trying to find the verse "and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. " in Luke 6:29 but spelled the word "cloak" instead of the KJV spelling "cloke" so it could not find it. Is there a method of searching for approximate spellings? maybe I should have used regex?

bigb2k

Re: Alternate spellings?

Post by bigb2k »

Nevermind I used regex cl*k* and found it among other verses.

epement

Post by epement »

In writing regular expressions, you may find it handy to use "cloak|cloke". The pipe functions as an OR operator to match the pattern on either side.

The search module uses Perl-compatible regular expressions (PCRE), which is a very rich powerful set of regex syntax. For quick help on the symbols and possibilities, look in the lower right corner of the Search panel. Click on the boldface red question mark, and then click on the "Regular Expressions" help window that appears near the bottom of the help contents. Hope this helps.
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5

bigb2k

Post by bigb2k »

Thanks epement for the instructions. The Regex feature of BA is one of the main reasons I like it and recommend it to others. The only problem was not knowing that it was spelled "cloke" in the KJV because I remembered it as just the sound of the word "cloak" as it is spelled in modern English.