Error cannot write to log file. Permission denied

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
dmdcissp

Error cannot write to log file. Permission denied

Post by dmdcissp »

Hi Tim,

All of a sudden I am getting permission errors for the log file. So I restarted BA as administrator and now I get the following errors in the log file.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bible Analyzer 5\BibleAnalyzer5.exe\textViewer.py:114: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Append instead.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bible Analyzer 5\BibleAnalyzer5.exe\textViewer.py:118: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Append instead.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bible Analyzer 5\BibleAnalyzer5.exe\textViewer.py:122: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Append instead.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bible Analyzer 5\BibleAnalyzer5.exe\textViewer.py:128: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Append instead.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bible Analyzer 5\BibleAnalyzer5.exe\textViewer.py:132: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Append instead.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bible Analyzer 5\BibleAnalyzer5.exe\textViewer.py:139: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Append instead.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bible Analyzer 5\BibleAnalyzer5.exe\textViewer.py:143: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Append instead.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bible Analyzer 5\BibleAnalyzer5.exe\textViewer.py:147: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Append instead.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bible Analyzer 5\BibleAnalyzer5.exe\textViewer.py:150: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Append instead.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bible Analyzer 5\BibleAnalyzer5.exe\textViewer.py:154: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use Append instead.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bible Analyzer 5\BibleAnalyzer5.exe\textViewer.py:59: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use SetToolTip instead.

I am running Windows 10.

Thanks,
Dave

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Error cannot write to log file. Permission denied

Post by Tim »

This is caused by a deprecation notice in the wxPython toolkit Bible Analyzer uses. It tries to wright the log file in the same folder as the Bible Analyzer exe file but this folder is normally protected. This notice will be removed with the next release of Bible Analyzer. In the meanwhile one can either ignore the notice and write error,
or run Bible Analyzer as administrator,
or run Bible Analyzer in portable mode.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)