PopVerse Chrome Extension Beta

The place to look for Bible Analyzer Updates and Announcements
Tim
Site Admin

PopVerse Chrome Extension Beta

Post by Tim »

We have developed a Bible reference linking Chrome extension that needs some testing.

This extension is different from the other reference tagging options available in some significant ways,

Completely Self-Contained; Entire KJV Bible Text Included
It does not rely on online sources for the Bible text which usually causes a noticeable popup delay. The entire King James Bible text is included within the extension and access to it is instantaneous.

Instant Reference Context Viewing
Clicking a linked reference will cause a "popup" browser window to open showing the entire Bible chapter containing the references(s) and then "smooth scroll" to the highlighted reference text.

Context Menu Verse List
Right-clicking anywhere in the body of a page will open a PopVerse/Verse List from References option where the text of all the Bible references on a page will be loaded in a Verse List popup browser window.

Freedom From Ads and Unwanted Promotion
Since PopVerse does not rely on an online source, you are never taken to an unknown web page which often includes ads, nag messages, and other promotions.

You Have Full Control
Instead of relying on webmasters to integrate a reference linking system within their pages, you can link any page you visit. If you don't want the links, just disable the Popverse extension.

To try the extension you must use the Chrome browser and go to this store page,
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... n-US&gl=US

Then click Install. Once installed, it will work automatically and attempt to tag every Bible reference in the body of any web page you visit. This will enable the verse text to popup on mouseover, the verse in chapter context to display in another window on click, plus and a right-click context menu Verse List option.

This extension is not yet public. It is only available from the link above.

If this works well, we will likely have an option in a future update to make any clicked reference the Current Verse in Bible Analyzer, plus the ability to export Verse Lists to Bible Analyzer.

Let me know how this extension works with the various sites you visit and any problems you may have.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Re: PopVerse Chrome Extension Beta

Post by JPG »

I notice that some copy and paste e-Sword style format so there is an underscore between the book and chapter Gen_1:1 and this did not seem to be detected.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Copy and paste from a PV generated chapter window or verse list window into an editor?

Underscores in links and code to join strings has been a standard practice long before e-sword came along. I'm not sure what you mean here either.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Post by JPG »

I see how confusing a quick note can be...

I see on some sites that there are Bible verses such as Gen_1:1 for example. PopVerse did not popup for those type.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Ah...I see. Could you provide a link to a couple sites with refs PV can't recognize?

Does PV work as one would expect? Are the popup windows about the right size?
Tim Morton

JPG

Post by JPG »

This is a site that will have such references, as it is the support site for e-Sword.

http://www.biblesupport.com/topic/6547- ... entry26690