I Found My Favorite Font! What's Your's?

The place to look for Bible Analyzer Updates and Announcements
Freebird

I Found My Favorite Font! What's Your's?

Post by Freebird »

I found my favorite font! I'm loving the Noto Serif font! :D I'm running Windows 10. I didn't seem to have just the right look on my machine for some reason so I started searching for a new font. I think I had Liberation serif as default (that may be wrong) but it seemed to stack too tightly together for me and my eyes just didn't seem to flow across the text as smoothly as I felt it should. After trying several different fonts including Georgia which was close I came across Noto serif. I don't remember using this font anywhere in the past but it sure does look good on my machine! It's so nice to find something that feels good when reading! My eyes are not as young as they used to be so this may be the reason for my challenge. I know they have changed in the last couple of years a little bit.
Does anyone else have a favorite they'd like to share?
Loving my Bible Analyzer!!!
Thanks Tim!

darrel_jw

Re: I Found My Favorite Font! What's Your's?

Post by darrel_jw »

How does it play with Greek and Hebrew text?

Darrel

kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

I am on windows 11. I like Segoe UI. Crisp and clear.

epement

Post by epement »

My current font definitions for both "Default" and "Bible Panel" is Verdana, with a Windows Font Size set at 120%. The Hebrew Bible Font is Galaxie Unicode Hebrew. Verdana is especially readable, and It handles embedded Greek and Hebrew nicely.

For others: Font preferences can be changed by navigating to Control > Preferences Dialog > Font Properties.
Changes appear immediately after clicking Save. Change only one thing at a time, and write down your previous settings, so you can switch back easily if you don't like a different font.
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5