5.2 Beta Testing (Linux)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
darrel_jw

Re: 5.2 Beta Testing (Linux)

Post by darrel_jw »

So why was there and works with the new Windows 5.2 release? :)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Ah, it looks like these fonts fix almost everything. It appears to not fix accents? There is a % sign at the end of the ancient Hebrew symbols and the Hebrew characters. But it's a start huh? I am attaching the zip file.

Darrel
Attachments
ahlbfonts.zip
(52.1 KiB) Downloaded 1075 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Yes, the four "Semitic" fonts in the zip are the ones needed.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Tim, I just wanted you to know I really appreciate where BA for Linux has progressed! It's really good.

RobertRathbone

Post by RobertRathbone »

Tim wrote:Robert,

Do you have the StrongEx dictionary? It is required for all the menu items to work. If you don't have it download it here,
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/s-strongEx.zip

If you still have the issue, let me know.
I thought I did (I believe I copied it from the Windows version, but I could be mistaken) but your version is about a third larger in file size. However, my Strong's options are still grayed out. I did have two "StrongEn" tabs because I still had a strongEn.dct file in the dictionary folder so I renamed it as strongEn.dctx so that BA wouldn't recognize it and load it in case it was getting confused by multiple "StrongEn" tabs. But the Strong's options are still grayed out.

I've even chosen "Reset Default Settings and Restart" from the Tools menu in case I had the wrong default Strong's resources chosen and even that didn't help.

Robert

RobertRathbone

Post by RobertRathbone »

On a whim, I started BA from a terminal so you could see the output in case that helps:

Code: Select all

robert@robert-Inspiron-620:~$ python2 -u /opt/bibleanalyzer/ba-run.py
2.7.12 (default, Nov 19 2016, 06:48:10) 
[GCC 5.4.0 20160609]
3.0.2.0 gtk2 (classic)

/home/robert App dir
/home/robert/Documents/BibleAnalyzer myDocs folder
/home/robert/Documents/BibleAnalyzer all users
/home/robert/Documents/BibleAnalyzer docs modules folder
/home/robert/.config/bibleanalyzer user
Quote file not found

(ba-run.py:12938): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk",
07:34:18: Debug: Adding duplicate image handler for 'PNG file'
07:34:18: Debug: Adding duplicate image handler for 'JPEG file'
07:34:18: Debug: Adding duplicate image handler for 'GIF file'
TTS is loaded
[u'NASBs', u'KJ2000', u'NKJV', u'ASVs', u'AV-1611', u'ESV', u'AVs', u'AVp', u'TPB', u'ASV', u'AV', u'AKJV', u'TRi'] self.bibOrder1
[u'NASBs', u'KJ2000', u'NKJV', u'ASVs', u'AV-1611', u'ESV', u'AVs', u'AVp', u'TPB', u'ASV', u'AV', u'AKJV', u'TRi'] self.bibOrder
save scroll
vl already current
1 GetLayoutDirection
JFBu
Wesley
PrMC
TSKe
HenryC
Guzik
Vincent
Scofield
Lightfoot
Barnes
RWP
Geneva
Newell
Ellicott
Clarke
Gray-CC
PNT
Darby
Henry
Rom 4:5 0.0234081745148 Index Retrieval Time
(0, 0) viewstart4
1.25529289246 Load time
(0, 0) viewstart5

(ba-run.py:12938): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_get_origin: assertion 'GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed
07:34:23: Debug: wxColour::Set - couldn't set to colour string 'br </font></font></b></i></p></div><font color='
07:34:23: Debug: wxColour::Set - couldn't set to colour string 'br </font></font></b></i></p></div><font color='
1 GetLayoutDirection
07:34:33: Debug: wxColour::Set - couldn't set to colour string 'brown </font></font></b></i></p></div><font color='
07:34:33: Debug: wxColour::Set - couldn't set to colour string 'brown </font></font></b></i></p></div><font color='
1 GetLayoutDirection
1 GetLayoutDirection
Hope something here helps...

Robert

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

There is one other file that must be present, the "strongWds.dat" file. In Linux it should be in the /Documents/BibleAnalyzer folder. It is in the .deb file and it puts it in /opt/BibleAnalyzer folder on installation and then BA copies it (along with the other .dat files) to the /Documents/BibleAnalyzer on first run.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

RobertRathbone

Post by RobertRathbone »

I'm at work right now so I connect to my home Linux box via SSH to check if this "strongWds.dat" is in the correct folder. It was not, so I manually copied it from /opt/BibleAnalyzer to my ~/Documents/BibleAnalyzer folder (just above the modules folder). Now the folder contains these files/folders:

Code: Select all

contexts.dat  
Sing Song Psalm-Av.smd
default.nts   
strongWds.dat
filters.dat   
Talking to God - Thomas Constable.epub
Talking to God - Thomas Constable.mobi
modules    [folder]   
notes.usr     
Wed Night study 2014-07-30.html
Apparently BA must not have thought this was its first run, even after renaming config.ini a few days ago and resetting the settings from the Tools menu this morning. I won't be able to check if this solved the problem until I get home this evening (probably not even then since I've got church tonight) but I'll try to let you know if it worked first chance I get.

Any other important files that I might be missing from the /Documents/BibleAnalyzer folder?

Thanks for your help!
Robert

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

There is another beta up (021). Same link as before.
  • It has a different check for the AV Bible
    Fixed the Tool Menu items that open the modules folder and the config folder
    Changed the Linux Start Menu item for "Bible Analyzer" to "Bible Analyzer 5"
    The Dct dropdown entry/menu should now close when it looses focus
Darrel, I can't reproduce the issue you have where the Bibles must be directly under the /Documents/Bible Analyzer to be found. Does anyone else have this issue?
Tim Morton

JPG

Post by JPG »

Another anomaly. When hovering any of the top row icons, (q b r c d l and any others on that top row) the pointer turns to what looks like a resize pointer.

p.s Schaff, History of the Christian Church etc modules that were not installing.... now install ok.