5.2 Beta Testing (Linux)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Re: 5.2 Beta Testing (Linux)

Post by Tim »

Yes, I noticed the cursor change as well. I don't know what causes it. Linux does some peculiar things sometimes. It also adds completely unrelated icons to some items in the right-click menu where no icons are supposed to be.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

wsbones

Post by wsbones »

I clicked the down arrow on the Daily Journal to look at yesterday's date and it locked linux up when I tried to send the error report. Had to hold the power button down to escape.

wsbones

Post by wsbones »

Same lock up when using the calendar to select a different devotion date.

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

I also get the error when clicking the down arrow to select another date and have to force a quit of BA. The error message says:
File "/opt/bibleanalyzer/ba-521.zip/agw/aui/framemanager.py", line 9396, in OnChildFocus
elif isinstance(window.GetParent(), AuiFloatingFrame):
AttributeError: 'PySwigObject' object has no attribute 'GetParent'

But if I click the upper right down arrow it displays the remaining menu choices without locking up.

RobertRathbone

Post by RobertRathbone »

Tim wrote:There is one other file that must be present, the "strongWds.dat" file. In Linux it should be in the /Documents/BibleAnalyzer folder. It is in the .deb file and it puts it in /opt/BibleAnalyzer folder on installation and then BA copies it (along with the other .dat files) to the /Documents/BibleAnalyzer on first run.
FYI:
I've finally gotten back to my computer to check if copying this file in the correct folder solved my grayed-out issue with the Strong's drop down menu, and it does!

Thanks for getting that taken care of for me, Tim! Now I can get back to studying for Sunday School this weekend.

Keep up the good work,
Robert

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I see the issue with this.

It may be a while before I get a new beta up, though, but I think we are getting most of the bugs sorted out.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

wsbones

Post by wsbones »

When I click on AVs, Strong #'s do not show initially until I click the dropdown and change the selection. Then I can go back to the 1st choice of the list and then they show. It should remember that last choice as the default.

If this has been mentioned already, please ignore.

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I concur with that!

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

I have an issue. I strip all commentaries and dictionaries out, leaving just StrongEx and ACCs. I click on, for example Rom 4:3 and the commentary comes up nicely. I click on, for example, Ex 3:4 and the commentary comes up nicely. I click on Gen 6:4 and get the following error message. By the way I can click on Gen 6:3 or Gen 6:5 or Gen 6:6 and everything works fine. It does not matter which Bible I use either. I remove bibleLayout.dat, config.ini, mainLayout.dat and session.dat so I am starting clean, but it does not seem to make a difference. Am I missing something?

Version: Bible Analyzer 5.2.0.21
Application Path: /home/darrel
Modules Path: /home/darrel/Documents/BibleAnalyzer
User Path: /home/darrel/.config/bibleanalyzer
Current Ref: Gen 6:4
Current Bible: AV
Current Dict: StrongEx
System Architecture: 64bit x86_64
Frozen: False

#---- End System Information ----#

#---- Traceback Info ----#

*** Tue Apr 11 14:45:52 2017 ***
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/bibleanalyzer/ba-521.zip/analyzer5.py", line 2683, in OnBibClicked
self.OnBibRef(ref)
File "/opt/bibleanalyzer/ba-521.zip/analyzer5.py", line 2872, in OnBibRef
self.OnRefNBChanged(None)
File "/opt/bibleanalyzer/ba-521.zip/analyzer5.py", line 1684, in OnRefNBChanged
self.checkRefNB()
File "/opt/bibleanalyzer/ba-521.zip/analyzer5.py", line 1665, in checkRefNB
self.refIndex.GetVerseIndexes()
File "/opt/bibleanalyzer/ba-521.zip/utility.py", line 439, in GetVerseIndexes
cur.execute('SELECT chapter FROM book WHERE id IN (%s)' % (', '.join(str(id +1) for id in topicList)))
TypeError: 'int' object is not iterable

#---- End Traceback Info ----#

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I can't reproduce this error. The error indicates the problem is when it gets the verse indexes for the current verse. That indicated it may be a corrupt Dct, Cmt, or Bk module that is being searched for the reference.

Try removing some of the title in Session Manager and see if the issue stops. If you made a custom module, try removing it for a test.
Tim Morton