5.2 Beta Testing (Windows)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
darrel_jw

Re: 5.2 Beta Testing (Windows)

Post by darrel_jw »

I am running BA 5.2 in VirtualBox and using the new TRi with morphology showing and Strong's hidden. When I hold Alt key down on any Greek word it highlights the word but also the wrong morphology code. It highlights the morphology code for the word PRECEDING word. An example in Acts 1:1 I highlight ποιέω and it should also highlight V-PAN but instead it highlights N-NSM.

JPG

Post by JPG »

Same is true if you have just Greek and Interlinear showing, the wrong English word is highlighted.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Darrel,

Since the issues you mention function properly under a true Windows environment, the issues are with Wine, not BA. Wine is not a perfect Windows emulator as the developers will attest, (https://www.winehq.org/docs/wineusr-guide/bugs) and not all Windows programs will behave as desired.

Once the Windows edition of Bible Analyzer is released, I will work on porting it to Linux so it will run native there. Then there will be no need for emulators or work-arounds.

I will look at the highlighting issues mentioned.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Does anyone know what dll's are used in Windows when doing phrase mapping or highlighting? If I can get a handle on that then perhaps I install them on wine and/or PlayOnLinux. Thanks!

And by the way Tim, just so you know, I am not upset at you or BA for the Wine issues. I'm like a cat - I just want my cream and meat at the same time. :)

Darrel

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Also as an aside - I can use theWord and all its features under Wine and they just work. That's why I am looking for a BA solution.

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Not sure if this is the correct section to put this so let me know. As I work with 5.2 (and for this request I am on Isa 58:13 and looking at the word "sabbath", which is Strong's H7676. Other resources include links to BDB, GHCL, AHLB and CWD. I would like to be able to right-click on (for example) BDB and have the option to copy the content of that entry to the MultiWin. I can hover on it and see the content in the pop-up window, but the only way I see to actually grab the content now is to click on BDB, which changes the dictionary entry, and copy that content to the MultiWin.

Since we can hover and see the content in the pop-up, can we also have the option to right-click and copy? Thanks Tim

Darrel

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Here is a new exe (5.2.0.14),
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/bibleanalyzer5.exe
  • This one fixes a crash on "Show Verses" after a Related search
  • Fixes the issue with the Interlinear/morphology words being highlighted when visible under transparent links
Darrel, I think I'm done with new features with this version. Everytime I add something it delays getting this one finished. But your idea may be good for the next version. I'm still not decided completely how to finalize the new modules yet. I may combine the StrongEn data in another title. We don't need two Strongs dicts.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Hi Tim
Thanks for the update, and I agree on your need to freeze further updates on this release. You're doing a good job and I appreciate it.

Darrel

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Just noticed something - I don't see any indicator on the Daily Journal showing previous dates with entries. It would be really good if previous days with entries would show as bold.

JPG

Post by JPG »

Tim wrote:Here is a new exe (5.2.0.14),
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/bibleanalyzer5.exe
  • This one fixes a crash on "Show Verses" after a Related search
OK that is working for me.

One issue still, is the scrolling of the page in search results, particularly a Bible with Strong's etc.
The rendering of the text is so delayed as to make scrolling an issue. Try for example in the AVs a search for the word "faith" entire text, case sensitive. 335 hits. The issue is compounded when changing to a Regex. When I scroll the results I get a blue-out of the Dictionary/commentary window momentarily.

When I use a Regex search for "faith" in the AVp edition the results go garbled after Neh 7:2.