Bible Analyzer 5.5 Beta (Windows)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Re: Bible Analyzer 5.5 Beta (Windows)

Post by Tim »

Here is a new beta exe with previous mentioned fixes and a few changes to ScripturePad links (5.5.0.25),
www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/BibleAnalyzer5.zip

SP has two new buttons, one to add a Bible Analyzer module link to any selected text, and the other to toggle the page source.

To use the link-plus button,
  • Select a range of text
  • Click the button
  • In the entry enter one of the following link strings:
For a Bible ref,
bible://Joh 3.16
or to also select the Bible version,
bible://tab/Joh-3.16

For a dictionary topic,
dict://tab/topic

For a commentary topic,
comm://tab/topic

For a book chapter,
book://title/chapter

The "tab" must be the tab name of the title.
The topic/chapter must be the exact text of each (case doesn't matter)

For instance, these all work,
  • bible://Rom 4.5
  • comm://ovc/jam_5.20
  • dict://strongex/g25
  • book://more than forgiven/justification
A space or underscore can be used to separate words.

(These links are slightly different than the web links mentioned in the video.)

All will provide a popup preview on mouseover except the book links.

Try it out and let me know.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

wsbones

Post by wsbones »

I tested all the link formats and they work well in the Spad and in user notes.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Glad it is working. A couple notes I need to add about the linking,

The Bible reference book names must be the 3 character abbr. matching the Bible Tree. i.e. Gen, Exo, Lev, etc.
The dict and comm links must match the tab and topic names exactly (except for word case)
Book links under an author's name (like Clarence Larkin) do not need the author's name in the link. Instead of

book://Larkin, Clarence/The Spirit World/The Fallen Angels
use
book://The Spirit World/The Fallen Angels
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

rokas

Post by rokas »

This javascript alert is still there ;)

In export options, new line seems not to be working with styles 1 and 3:
Attachments
export.png
export.png (15.78 KiB) Viewed 67631 times

rokas

Post by rokas »

With these settings (attachment), even through in the preview there is a new line after the reference, when I copy a verse from the Bible view (right-click->copy), it's missing the new line.

Here is an example what I get:

Mat 3:16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up immediately out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Attachments
export2.png
export2.png (11 KiB) Viewed 67615 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

New beta exe (5.5.0.28),

Also a new folder,
www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/BA-55.zip

The folder contains an updated User Manual.

The fixes in this beta include,
  • Formatting of the Bible text output as mentioned by rokas
  • Fixed some issues with the User Notes toolbar and ScripturePad menu
  • Removed the Javascript alert and a couple other things.
Tim Morton

John45

Post by John45 »

Tim,
I just noticed that you had put out 5.5.0.28 for testing. I downloaded it and installed it as a new setup and proceeded to download the free modules. All went well till I got to the RV. It crashed on that one. I deleted the files, and the program ran fine without it, but crashed again when I tried to add it.

I tested out the new Export Format with superscript verse numbers. It worked great with one exception. If I highlighted the verses in the text and right-clicked on Copy Selection to S-Pad Notes, it crashed and generated an error report that I sent to you. However, if I used the insert, as you suggested in your video it worked correctly. The text with superscript verse numbers looks great.

By the way, my laptop has the insert key on the 0 key of the 10-key keypad. So, I must turn off numlock to get it to work. Can you think of another hotkey that wouldn't require this?

Thanks
John

John45

Post by John45 »

Thanks for the response to the previous post.

I just noticed one other thing. In case you hadn't noticed, the splash screen still shows 5.4.
John

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Got your report and will fix the issue. The RV has a non-printable character in it somewhere I'll find soon.

As for the Insert key, to be a single key insert function it can't be any of the other keys used and a hot-key combo like Ctrl, Alt, shift or any letter or number. Print screen is used by the system home/end have their own universal functions. Insert is about the only key left and its name is the most intuitive.
Tim Morton

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Another new beta with several fixes and one addition (v5.5.0.30). The exe,

I think the Ref export issue is fixed.
An issue with some commentaries not showing in the comment preview links is fixed
Fixed a couple other things...which don't come to mind at the moment.

Added a new option in Preferences/Options II to require the Ctrl key to be down when clicking on a word to view its definition in the default dictionary.

By default a click on a word (in most panels) in Bible Analyzer will cause the default dictionary to update to that word. Sometimes when a person may click in a panel for another reason he may inadvertently click on a word and change the current dictionary entry. This option will require the Ctrl+click before the dictionary will update.

(As some of you may already be aware, a Ctrl+mouseover of a word will cause a popup of the definition.)
Tim Morton