Bible Analyzer 5.5 Beta (Windows)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
HansK

Re: Bible Analyzer 5.5 Beta (Windows)

Post by HansK »

rokas wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:40 am

I've attached zipped VCRUNTIME140.DLL found on my system. In case you're on Windows 10 64bit, unzip it place it in Windows/System32 folder and see whether it solves the issue.
Thanks, but I have this file in the directory you mentioned.
I go back to 5.4 for the moment.

Thanks for your help!

rokas

Post by rokas »

Bug with reference history field while using parallel Bible(5.5.0.18):
  • It doesn't track history at all when references are selected from the Bible tree.
  • History is one reference behind when references are typed in the search field. That is, if I switch to parallel view and jump to a new reference , history doesn't notice it at all. If I jump to a second reference by using the search field, only then and only the first reference is added to the history, and so on.
Attachments
parallel.png
parallel.png (30.73 KiB) Viewed 69027 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

HansK wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:57 pm
Please put the full beta 5.5 install online, so that I can install BA fresh.
Could you tell me what version of Windows you are using, is it a normal install or in a virtual machine, and do you know of it is 32bit or 64bit?
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

rokas wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 1:52 am

Interlinear Bible is nice. Optional ability to synchronize it with the main Bible view would be useful:
I made some changes to the Interlinear display.
  • When you click the I button and a verse is selected the ID will scroll to that verse
  • The ID will update whenever the I button is clicked
  • Clicking a verse ref in the ID will update the Bible window
Also, I fixed the Ref History so it will record the ref changes while in Parallel view.

Here is the exe (5.5.0.20),
www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/BibleAnalyzer5.zip
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

wsbones

Post by wsbones »

Nice change. Seems to work well.

Bill

rokas

Post by rokas »

Indeed a nice solution! Maybe you should update the tooltip to interlinear button to something like "Show/Update Interlinear Display" or "Show/Sync Interlinear Display."

I also get this another error already the third time or so (see attached log). It happened once one I was in Song of Solomon in WLCi and clicked on a Strong's link there. It also happens, and I can reproduce it, when I am in OT in WLCi and navigate to NT in the Bible tree. After this one I have to reset BA, because then I continue getting the same error on startup.
Attachments
log.zip
(578 Bytes) Downloaded 2012 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

rokas wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 8:34 am
I also get this another error already the third time...
Can you give me the exact steps to reproduce the error?
Tim Morton

rokas

Post by rokas »

Open BA.
Go to any place in OT, for example Gen 1, either via Bible tree or Search field.
Switch to WLCi Bible in the Bible view.
Go to any place in NT, for example Mat 1, again either via Bible tree or Search field. Here I have to expand some NT book name in the Bible tree and select a chapter to jump to it. If I simply click on a NT book name in the Bible tree (and thus jump automatically to chapter 1), the error doesn't happen.

It also happens if I am in NT in StTr or TRi and select a chapter from OT (again, not simply book name) in the Bible tree.

rokas

Post by rokas »

Two other issues :
  • Popup after clicking on Strong's number in the interlinear window. Once I click "OK" in it, the default Strong's dictionary opens to the click Strong's number
  • Missing/hidden search field when I start BA after a reset. I have to resize/move the last item to get it showing.
Attachments
reset.png
reset.png (3.97 KiB) Viewed 69009 times
interlinear.png
interlinear.png (30.6 KiB) Viewed 69009 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I found the issue with this error. I'll upload a new beta later today, thanks.

The Alert popup was just a JavaScript alert I forgot to remove.
Tim Morton