Bible Analyzer 5.4 beta (Mac)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Re: Bible Analyzer 5.4 beta (Mac)

Post by Tim »

Thanks for reporting these. I fix them soon.

Yes, it seems the folder structure has been mangled into the filename. I'll sort it out.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I just uploaded a new Mac beta, 5.4.0.25. Same link above.

This one fixes the issue with Parallel Bibles
Fixes the path issue with Book modules not going into the proper folder
The TTS speech at start will only play the first time Bible Analyzer is run or after a reset
Fixed issue with extracting Bible refs from clipboard text in the Control Menu.

It would be best to delete the entire user/Library/Application Support/Bible Analyzer folder before running this new beta.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Alistair

Post by Alistair »

Hi, this is with Beta 25.

On launch after a clean installation, the "Enter Word or Ref." box is blank and cannot be accessed.
(I also had this issue with earlier versions of the beta.)
I downloaded some further modules (just a few Bible versions) and then it was activated.

All English Bibles, Books, Devotions, & Dictionaries appear to work as expected.

However, the Module Download Manager is not registering I have already downloaded the NET Notes (incomplete)—this is in fact downloaded and accessible. All other commentaries work as expected.

Neither are these three Images files registered as downloaded:
Classic Maps
Foxes Bk images
Martyr's Mirror Images

Non-English Bibles are not being marked as downloaded: I tried:
Afrikaans Bybel (Afrikaans)
Det Danske Bibelselskab (Danish)
Dutch Statenvertaling (Dutch)
Hungarian Vizsoly [Karoli] Biblia (Hungarian)
Italian Riveduta Bibbia (Italian)
Luther Heilige Schrift (German)
Again, the Module Download Manager is not registering I have already downloaded them.
It showed it was building the wordlists, and I can access these modules in the usual way.

Use of parallel texts:
I had the default setting, AV and AVS
I changed it to PickNT and SBLGNT.
I was informed that I had to have at least one AV text selected.
It then returned me to the window but with ALL the texts in parallel!
(Actually 48 texts in parallel columns).
I reduced it down to AV, PickNt and SBLGNT and it worked fine.
Trying to remove the AV had the same result—ALL the texts appeared again.

Should the list of Bibles be in alphabetical order?
Is there a way to rearrange the order of the columns?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I'll check the Quick Search Entry issue.

The Parallel texts do default to all texts if an AV Bible is not selected. I'll look into just adding only the AV instead.

As for the titles not showing as installed, that is more a database issue on the server. When the Download Manager is started, it downloads all the module data from the online server. As well as I remember, the non-English Bibles are not checked to see if any are installed. The other titles should but there may have been a name change along the line that wasa not updated on the server. I put that on the "ToDo" list.
Tim Morton

Alistair

Post by Alistair »

"The Parallel texts do default to all texts if an AV Bible is not selected. I'll look into just adding only the AV instead."

Or maybe send the user back to the text selection box?

Alistair

Post by Alistair »

This is new: experimenting with the Session Manager.

I tried to create a session with a subset of modules, I had an error screen flash up (didn''t save what it said, sorry) and now it is stuck on a window with "Loading Session Group "Group 1".

I am going to have to force-quit to try it again.

Ok here we are again: on clicking Load/Save in the Session Manager I get the error message.
After dismissing that I have to force-quit again.

#---- Traceback Info ----#

*** Thu Oct 31 01:02:25 2019 ***
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "sessionMan.pyc", line 1047, in OnLoad
File "/Applications/Bible Analyzer 5.4.0.25.app/Contents/Resources/analyzer5.py", line 8255, in OnReload
File "textViewer.pyc", line 326, in OnSelChanged
wxAssertionError: C++ assertion "item.IsOk()" failed at /Users/robind/projects/buildbots/macosx-vm6/dist-osx-py27/Phoenix/ext/wxWidgets/src/generic/treectlg.cpp(1396) in GetItemParent(): invalid tree item

#---- End Traceback Info ----#

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I'll look at this in a few days.I also need to do some work on the Quick Entry suggestion dropdown. It is not working quite right. It will likely be the first of the week before I can get to it. Too many "irons in the fire."

Don't hesitate to post any issues you find in the meanwhile.

Thanks.
Tim Morton

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

There is a new Mac beta uploaded, 5.4.0.28. Same link as above.

This one has several fixes.

The Quick Entry dropdown has been reworked some and should work better. Clicking an entry now works,

The export verse(s) to ScripturePad has been modified.

Making reference links from the Links Button in ScripturePad should work better and be more consistent. Before, in some instances it would mess up the page formatting.

The audio Bible exact timing now works. To learn more see this page for the 5.3 Windows version, viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1006
There you can download files to test the audio syncing.

And a few other fixes I forget.

Hopefully, this one will be pretty close to a release version.
Tim Morton

Alistair

Post by Alistair »

This is beta 28.

The only thing I noticed so far is the system voices and text-to-speech.

A lot of the options in the list (Text to speech options) just read "premium" and a lot of the options are in all-lowercase letters.
Also it is not recognising many of the voices I have installed (they are not listed).
It seems to only play the older Mac voices ("Novelty" voices).
No, it seems to play all of them, only the older voices are listed accurately and the newer voices are listed as "premium."

I get an error message trying to change the speech rate or volume:
#---- Traceback Info ----#
*** Thu Nov 14 00:33:07 2019 ***
File "optionsDlg.pyc", line 738, in setRate
AttributeError: 'BibleAnalyzer' object has no attribute 'tts'
*** Thu Nov 14 00:33:14 2019 ***
File "optionsDlg.pyc", line 738, in setRate
AttributeError: 'BibleAnalyzer' object has no attribute 'tts'
#---- End Traceback Info ----#

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Bible Analyzer gets its voices from the underlying OS. They are what Mac sends. It does seem the only "premium" voices are Alex and Victoria, both capitalized. The names all in lowercase are lower grade voices.

I fixed a couple display issues and released the Windows and Mac editions of v5.4 this morning. I have not officially announced them because other users will send in some reports that I'll need to fix. The general public can always find things neither I or those beta testing will see. Once those are fixed I'll announce v5.4.

The new version is on the Downloads page.

Thanks for all your help.
Tim Morton