Bible Analyzer 5.4 beta (Linux)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
kathleenmarie

Re: Bible Analyzer 5.4 beta (Linux)

Post by kathleenmarie » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:00 am

RobertRathbone wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:38 am

I'm running BA on Kubuntu 20.10, the KDE based version of Ubuntu and I'm not seeing the issues you're describing.
Robert
I installed Kubuntu and see a huge improvement!!!! Thanks so much!!!!!! I am going to buy another module now. I was holding off until I had better function in the app.

God bless you for taking the time to help me!

RobertRathbone

Post by RobertRathbone » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:49 am

I'm glad I was able to be helpful... You shouldn't have had trouble with Ubuntu. I understand that Tim uses Linux Mint to test the Linux version of BA, and Linux Mint is based off of the same GNOME graphic libraries that Ubuntu uses for their desktop. If you aren't satisfied with Kubuntu then you might try Linux Mint. I don't know if you are aware, but many of these Linux distributions have an ISO that you can burn to a bootable DVD or USB thumb drive so you can boot into a "live" version. Then you can test how well the distribution agrees with your hardware as well as see how you like OS without having to install it. If you decide you like it then you can install it.

Good luck and glad I could help.

Robert

kathleenmarie

Post by kathleenmarie » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:08 am

Okay, Mint is the distro that is most tested.

Sometimes it is my hardware that is the problem. I have learned that the machines that I buy at Best Buy at a "too good to be true" sale, turn out to be models that are listed at forums as having compatibility issues.

Kubuntu is better than Ubuntu, but I am still having trouble with s-pad and some other issues.

Hmm, yes, using the test option might be worth it sometimes. Other times not, when the USB version is fine, but the updates break the OS.

In the movie, the Karate Kid, the student does not understand the value of wax on and wax off. All the OS installation and working through problems is my wax on and wax off practice. I am trusting that God has this under control and that my time is not being wasted.

kathleenmarie

Post by kathleenmarie » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:44 am

I had worse performance under Mint 20 XFCE. Maybe Cinnamon would have been better?

I am back to Kubuntu. It is probably my hardware, not Linux or BA, that is the problem. So far Kubunto 20 runs BA best on my cheap HP Stream.