Bible Analyzer 5.4 beta (Linux)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Brother Mike

Re: Bible Analyzer 5.4 beta (Linux)

Post by Brother Mike »

Just a suggestion, but you may want to reexamine the flatpak idea.

Xiphos has a similar issue with unsupported dependencies, etc with the libgtkhtml being no longer supported.

I downloaded and it seems to be functioning fine. The editor and Study Pad work as well.

Execution is fast and there is even an option to override the sandbox and use the system directories for storing the modules downloaded.

Just a thought.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks for the notice.

These packaging systems all move faster than I can keep up with them. One can find pro and con for all of them, but none are simple, and one has to spend precious time learning the features and syntax just to be able to test them.

I may look at Flatpak again when I get back to working on the Linux edition. I'm involved n another project at the moment and don't have time now. I haven't even been able to check to see if the latest Ubuntu has the required dependencies for v5.5 (wxPython 4.2)

Thanks.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

jastombaugh

Post by jastombaugh »

Just for the 'in-the-meantime' record, BA 5.4 seems to work fine on Mint LMDE 5 & Linux Mint 20.3. (anything newer than this and I run into the already-mentioned issues.)

A quick:

Code: Select all

wget https://www.bibleanalyzer.com/bibleanalyzer_5.4-1_all.deb
dpkg -i bibleanalyzer_5.4-1_all.deb
sudo apt-get install -f
And, Tim. I understand you believe you have enough on your plate, but I have to tell you... BA does not seem to work on Haiku. :shock: :shock: :lol:

Thanks, again, for all of the tireless work you do on this software. I was excited to get the email today about the release of the Macintosh 5.5 version! (Mostly because I know that the linux version will be coming soon after! :smile:

God bless you, and have a merry Christmas!
-Andy
(Here, there, or in the air!)