Bible Analyzer 5.5 Beta (Windows)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
rokas

Re: Bible Analyzer 5.5 Beta (Windows)

Post by rokas »

Unfortunately still the same error.

This is error text: "wx._core.wxAssertionError: C++ assertion "strcmp(setlocale(0, 0), "C") == 0" failed at ..\..\src\common\intl.cpp(1694) in wxLocale::GetInfo(): You probably called setlocale() directly instead of using wxLocale and now there is a mismatch between C/C++ and Windows locale."

I googled it and found this:
https://discuss.wxpython.org/t/wxpython ... or/35168/3

What the OP in his first post says "In fact, what I noticed is that the issue only happens when Windows Region language is set to a language that doesn’t exit [sic] in wxWidgets: interface/wx/language.h File Reference", which is also the case with my locale - English-Germany isn't on that reference list (reference: https://docs.wxwidgets.org/3.1.4/language_8h.html).

Maybe some of the solutions in that topic might help you out too.

HansK

Post by HansK »

Please put the full beta 5.5 install online, so that I can install BA fresh.

rokas

Post by rokas »

HansK wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:57 pm
Please put the full beta 5.5 install online, so that I can install BA fresh.
It's in the first post of this topic.

HansK

Post by HansK »

Program does not start, because VCRUNTIME140.DLL cannot be found

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Rokas,

I added the workaround found at the link for you to try. Here is the exe (5.5.0.18),
www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/BibleAnalyzer5.zip

Hank,

What version of Windows are you on? Is it a standalone installation or on a virtual machine? Is it 32bit or 64bit?

VCRUNTIME140.DLL is part of the Microsoft system. It is usually installed but may be the wrong bit depth.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

rokas

Post by rokas »

Hi Tim,

it worked, thanks a lot! I've attached the log in case it would be of interest to you.
Attachments
log.png
log.png (53.05 KiB) Viewed 103799 times

rokas

Post by rokas »

HansK wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 6:12 am
Program does not start, because VCRUNTIME140.DLL cannot be found
I've attached zipped VCRUNTIME140.DLL found on my system. In case you're on Windows 10 64bit, unzip it place it in Windows/System32 folder and see whether it solves the issue.
Attachments
vcruntime140.zip
(50.52 KiB) Downloaded 3066 times

rokas

Post by rokas »

Tim,

I've now started v5.5.0.18 in my normal BibleAnalyzer folder with all modules I have and got a few errors (see logs attached).
- log.txt is what happened the first time I've started the program with my usual modules.
- log2.txt is what happened when I simply started it again. Different error.
- log3.txt is what happened when I started it for the 3rd time. Again a different error. Then I removed the bishops.bib (where the error in log3 happened) and started the program again. This time geneva.bib caused the same error. I didn't proceed further. I've attached the screenshot of my Bible modules folder so you can see which Bibles caused this problem and which not till the geneva.bib.
Attachments
log.zip
(41.94 KiB) Downloaded 2898 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Remove the geneva.bib file and start Bible Analyzer then download the geneva with the Download Manager. It had an encoding issue a while back and was updated.

Any module that gives the same error must be removed and a new one downloaded.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

rokas

Post by rokas »

I did it and now the app is working without problems, just used it to prepare my Sunday sermon.

Interlinear Bible is nice. Optional ability to synchronize it with the main Bible view would be useful:
  • Navigating in the interlinear window when opening it from the toolbar to the current reference selected in the main window
  • Updating to a new reference in the interlinear window when a new reference is selected the main window
  • Navigating in the main window to a new reference when a new reference is clicked upon in the interlinear window
  • Again, having this synchronicity optional (via a button, etc.)