exhaustive library of Bible lands : display problem in image viewer

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
kenfhill84083

exhaustive library of Bible lands : display problem in image viewer

Post by kenfhill84083 »

I recently got the Exhaustive Library of (1) Bible People and (2) Bible Locations.

With Joshua 1.2-4 showing in the Bible, I clicked on the location links of (1) Jordan, (2) Lebanon, and (3) Euphrates. Each shows correctly in the dictionary pane.

But each shows incorrectly in the image viewer – the marker appears in the lower left corner - in Africa, a great distance from where it should be.

Using BA 5.5.1.18 in Windows 11 Home

see screenshots. A larger image of the image viewer was too large to post here. I can be seen at https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ch03o5zj ... 76fcl&dl=0
Attachments
BA _ bible lands - in image viewer (small).jpg
BA _ bible lands - in image viewer (small).jpg (23.47 KiB) Viewed 13420 times
BA _ bible lands - in dictionary.jpg
BA _ bible lands - in dictionary.jpg (124.4 KiB) Viewed 13420 times

epement

Re: exhaustive library of Bible lands : display problem in image viewer

Post by epement »

Hello Ken, I'm a Bible Analyzer supporter, and I also have purchased the extra modules for Bible Places and Bible People. I can confirm that it kind of works the way you describe.

When I click on the link to "View Location in Physical Map", it takes me to the same place yours goes. But did you see the statement in the lower left corner of the map viewer?
Yes-but.jpg
Yes-but.jpg (14.9 KiB) Viewed 13415 times
When I click the mouse into the area, the map scrolls up (both north and east) to the indicated area. The Jordan River is misspelled "Jordon" on the map, but the general location is viewable.

I had spotty, inconsistent results when I kept the Bible Analyzer Image Viewer window still open when looking for Lebanon and the Euphrates. I got better results, but not perfect results, when the image viewer window was closed after use.
Eric Pement
2 Cor. 4:5

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

This issue is caused by a wrong calculation in the Bible Analyzer code in v5.5. In v5.4 it works correctly.

The code takes the geo coords and converts them to screen coords and if the result is off screen, it just appears in the bottom corner.

I have fixed it here for the upcoming v5.6,
viewer.jpg
viewer.jpg (192.74 KiB) Viewed 13410 times
If you want to view the locations now, just download and install a portable version of v5.4. That way it won't interfere with a normal install of v5.5.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

epement wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:39 pm
But did you see the statement in the lower left corner of the map viewer?

When I click the mouse into the area, the map scrolls up (both north and east) to the indicated area. ... the general location is viewable.
Thanks for the response. I hadn't done much in the image viewer previously so I was ignorant of the button you pointed out. Even then, here the image viewer never panned far enough to the east in 1:1 zoom.

For the example locations in Josh 1.1-4 I didn't need the marker but for more obscure locations an accurate marker would be necessary - although the accurate representation in the book might help.

Waiting for the fix in next upgrade.