Typos in NASBs at Mat 18:11

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
2mc

Typos in NASBs at Mat 18:11

Post by 2mc »

Tim,

There are 2 typos in Mat 18:11 in the NASBs. There are two missing right brackets (" ] "). See the screenshot here:
NASBs typos.png
NASBs typos.png (11.08 KiB) Viewed 6358 times
The left bracket at the beginning of the verse is missing the matching right bracket at the end of the verse. Also, the Key Number's right bracket is missing, thus the key number appears as a part of the text rather than a link to the numbering system.

Thanks.

Matt

2mc

Re: Typos in NASBs at Mat 18:11

Post by 2mc »

Tim,

The same thing also occurs in Mark 16:9 and 16:20.

Matt

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I replaced the brackets with parenthesis so they wouldn't conflict with the strongs tags. The fixed file is available in the Download Manager.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

2mc

Post by 2mc »

Tim,

You probably should use braces-- { and } --instead of parentheses. Parentheses are actually used in the Bible to note parenthetical comments by the writer or quoted speaker. In the cases I cited, the NASB included the translation, but wanted to indicate that it was a disputed verse. Using parentheses will give a misleading result. Even if one takes the position that the verse should be there--as I do--, surely he/she wouldn't want to mislead the reader into thinking this is parenthetical statement.

Perhaps it would be best to leave out any braces, brackets or parentheses in this case and replace with a footnote that the NASB considered this verse suspect, but included it anyway (as opposed to leaving it out as other translations do).

What do you think>

Thanks.

Matt

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Ok, I changed them to curly braces. Just redownload to install.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

2mc

Post by 2mc »

Thanks, Tim!!

I think that is the perfect solution.

Matt