Strongs Number pop-up

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
novar

Strongs Number pop-up

Post by novar »

I'm running BA v4.0 When I hover over the strong's number in AVs tab the pop-up says Strong's Dictionary not loaded. Yet the strongs number and definition show up in the dictionary panel Strong's TVM Tab. Can you fix the pop-up issue? Or is there a setting or module I need to download to make the pop-up work correctly?
Thanks
Robert

PS Great Program!

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Strongs Number pop-up

Post by Tim »

You must have the newer StrongEX module. v4.0 won't recognize it since it is a new feature of 4.1. Try updating to v4.2 and see if the popup works, http://www.BibleAnalyzer.com/BA-Update421.exe.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

novar

Post by novar »

Tim, I downloaded 4.2 and ran the program and the po-up still shows strong's not loaded. Any ideas?
Thanks
Robert

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Look in you Modules/Dictionaries folder for a file named Stongs.dct. If there is one named strong.dct, rename it to strongs.dct.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

novar

Post by novar »

I checked and there is only a s-strong and an s-strong.idx files.
Is there just a strongs file I can download to replace these so the po-up will work?
Robert

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Try this one,
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/s-strongEx.zip

Just extract it to the dictionaries folder.
Tim Morton

novar

Post by novar »

Tim, I downloaded and extracted the s-strongs to the dictionary folder, but I still have the same issue. If I purched the new CD would the strongs pop up work then? I'd sure like to take advantage of thr new updated tools.
Thanks
Robert

srice

Post by srice »

I come across this thread, because I too have been having this problem. I'm on a Mac, and I think on Linux this worked for me. I can look stuff up in the Strong's dictionary, however pop up doesn't work and the error message is:

Code: Select all

"Strong's Dictionary not loaded see Bibleanalyzer.com" 
Any ideas?

Shane
Serving the King,
Shane Rice
Romans 12:1-2
http://www.ricefamilyministries.com

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

An older module most likely,

Go to your
/Library/Application Support/Bible Analyzer/Modules/Dictionary
folder and look for any .dct files that have "strongs" in them. You only want s-strongsEx.dct. Remove the others. If you don't have it, download it here,
www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/s-strongsEx.zip
and extract it in that folder.

If you still have trouble, let me know.
Tim Morton

srice

Post by srice »

That did it! Thanks! I moved a bunch of files around and cleaned up an old installation while I had my sleeves rolled up. At any rate that did fix the problem.

Shane
Serving the King,
Shane Rice
Romans 12:1-2
http://www.ricefamilyministries.com