BA's PayPal Link

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
MPaul

BA's PayPal Link

Post by MPaul »

I want to see what Keil & Delitzsch has to say about Daniel 11. I tried to buy bundle I on Commentaries. I clicked on PayPal to make payment, but a screen came up saying the page was down. Hmmm.... I doubt it. Is it possible the link is broke on the BA website???

I'm paying $3.53 for a gallon of gas. So if I have to go to the library, this is going to cost me at least $11 to see what this commentary says. I could use the $8 difference to pay for other bundles. My guess is the registration went through. I'm guessing the news letter will be good.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: BA's PayPal Link

Post by Tim »

Was this from the cart at the Store,
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/shop/produ ... product=19

As a test I just added the bundle to the cart, clicked Checkout, went through the pages to Payment and Clicked Paypal and it took me there. Is that what you did?
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

Yeah, that is what I did. It was probably my browser then. I was using Chrome. Usually I use Chromium. I'll look at things again a bit later and figure it out.

Sorry to trouble you and thanks for the response.

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

OK -- there are two main problems.
1. I thought this module might only work in Windows; so I went to a Windows machine. I thought I would download it, and then, put it in Linux. But nothing works in Windows.
2. I can only do things that are extremely easy. I only graduated from high school with a "D."

I went to another machine and tried FireFox and it worked. I actually paid for the module.

However, I cannot figure out how to download it now. I just do not see a place to do it.

Windows is such torture. I hate it. Do you think I could download it in Linux, then unzip it in Windows, then put it in Linux? I try to stay out of Windows as much as possible, because Jesus already paid the price for my sins. But how/where do I download it? This is a mystery.

Thank you for tolerating all this.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Computers can be finicky.

You should have received an email with a link from the store (also at your store account), but it will be a Windows .exe making it difficult in Linux. I will send you a .b2z archive link by private message which avoids Windows. You need to extract to the Modules folder.

If you have problems, let us know.

Thanks for your patience.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

OK – I downloaded it in Linux. First I emptied all the files from the commentary folder. Then, I extracted, and I moved Henry and K&D to the commentary folder, as that is all I'm interested in for now.

When I opened BA, the commentary section also had PTN and Scofield. Hmm... more hidden files in the software? I think this has to do with my uninstalling my orginal BA and reinstalling with the PPA as a test with shane2peru – which is a guess based on not knowing anything about computers.

For K&D, the software can find no entries to display. Henry worked just fine. I do not use commentaries too much – but I am fond of K&D. I moved Barnes back to the folder, and it worked just fine. The K&D file in the commentary folder is 29.7 MB – so it has something to display.

No big deal really, as the Henry commentary alone working in Linux is worth the $3. For now, I'm just trying to see how often and where the better commentators put the Antichrist in Daniel 11.

Now, I want to uninstall BA from my laptop Windows partition and then install the latest version. Then, I'll download the Commentary Bundle I and install it. I would like to know if this is just a Linux problem, or if the same thing happens in Windows. If it is just a Linux problem, I'll just pray about it some more, and it will all work out in its time.

However, this weekend sure is busy, starting today, so I'm not sure when I'll do this. But soon I hope.

I'll report later.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

All modules should work in Linux. I'll check K&D again.
Tim Morton

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

OK -- I downloaded Bundle I in Windows. By default it installs at C/Documents and Settings/admin/Application Data/BA/modules. I have no Application and Data file. I use Windows XP. However, if I proceed with the installation, it extracts and notes the files are installed in the location that does not exist.

In Windows I have BA 3.8 portable, BA 3.9 portable, and now BA 4.0 portable in C/program files. If I change the installation location, it extracts and notes the files installed either at the location I specified, or at admin/Application/BA/modules. However, the files are not there -- it is a big fib.

So I took the files that I extracted in Linux and put them in the Windows BA. The Henry Commentary then shows and works fine, but the K&D shows and displays nothing for any entry.

Well, my day will come. This experiment was a good reminder that I do not want to do anything in Windows, as what took me five minutes to learn about the software in Linux, took about an hour and a half in Windows.

I'll pray about this, either tonight or tomorrow. But sometimes my prayers require time for answers.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

With a portable installation you have to manually move the modules to the Modules folder under the portable install folder. There is a little bug in the NSIS install setup that will not recognize a new path entered in the path entry, so it will install in the default location. Where the files are installed will be shown on the last page of the setup app under the "Show Details" link.

I installed CMT1 with a fresh install on Windows 7 and all the modules show up. I may get a chance to try XP and Ubuntu again later this evening.

All computers and OS's can be a big pain. I don't have much hair left.
Tim Morton

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

At least some good news

I downloaded the nonportable BA in Windows and installed it -- which ended up in C/Programs. I installed the commentary bundle, setting the location to C/Programs/BA. The installation indicated it went to C/Documents and Settings/admin/Application Data/BA/modules. I opened the new BA installed, and there were the commentaries. I tried K&D, and it worked perfectly.

When I had earlier installed 4.0 portable, I did so thinking I had clicked on the normal BA downloaded, and then, I just accepted what came out.

I guess now I should copy the commentary files and put them in the portable edition and see if they work. I'll try that a bit later and make a report.

I know what you mean about how perplexing this is -- and as long as Windows is so popular, I just do not see any solution for you.