ESV Bible

Topics of Interest other than Bible Analyzer
gelweb

ESV Bible

Post by gelweb »

Will the ESV Bible be made available in the near future?

Tim
Site Admin

Re: ESV Bible

Post by Tim »

We are going to approach Crossway again for permission to distribute the ESV. As of now they will not give us license to distribute it.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

caspianrex

Post by caspianrex »

Really? That's so odd. They seem to have given permission to just about every other Bible program out there! I wonder what their deal is... :shock:

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

They just sent a generic letter say "AT this time..." It is strange. They and others have their text all over the place, but still try to restrict it.

I may ask again when I get a chance.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Bible Study Boy

Post by Bible Study Boy »

I recently took and interest in ESV. Before, I always only read the KJV which I still trust above all others because I have proved it to be good enough. However, I do want to start comparing and reading other versions and I hear the ESV is pretty consistent with it's translation. I would like to check this version out as well.

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

This topic was posted over a year ago. Has there been any update with permission. I really think it's weird you can't get permission when even the Sword Project distributes it.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

No permission yet, but we really haven't asked again. We will later when we get the new Mac and Linux editions released.

Here is a site someone put up recently that has many Bible in Zephania XML format. Bible Analyzer can convert them. It is a two stage process. Convert the XML to text and then the text to a module.

http://www.churchsw.org/bibles
Tim Morton

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

Thanks. That worked really well

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

Almost a year since this topic was talked about. Has there been any update in an official BA ESV module?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

We have had a proposal before Crossway for a while (the ESV publishers), but have yet to hear anything from them.

It looks like, though, we will get permission for the NASV from Lockman, including all notes plus its Greek/Hebrew concordance.
Tim Morton